Honda cr-v 2007 3rd generation - Isofix base in centre seat? - unclebob

Good Afternoon all,

I purchased a CR-V 2007 plate in March specifically because of its size and ability to have an isofix base in any of the three seats behind.

Between March and this week, the maxi cosi familyfix base was fitted behind the passengers seat, comfortable fit and had no problems fitting and removing. Only discomfort was from the adult who sits in the middle rear seat.

So recently, i decided to move the isofix base to the centre position to allow two adults to sit comfortably on either side of the baby seat. It was offset a little which would result in one space bigger then the other but no biggie. Once fitted, getting the passengers in is easier said then done - Once the base is fitted, the seat belt clip is no longer accessible for the passenger sitting behind the driver...

I'm I doing something wrong, or did a non-parent design the 2007 layout and chucked the feature of being able to put the isofix base in as an after thought without thinking the whole idea through? It appears that in the 2013 model (the new one just come out) they had a little bit of a thought as they have swapped the spaces round. In the 2007 model, the car seat is further behind the driver then passenger due to the isofix bar position. in the 2013 model, it is the other way round... closer to the passenger side, though still with the same problem!

What is the point of having the feature if it means you lose an extra passenger seat in the process!?

Thoughts are most welcome.

Honda cr-v 2007 3rd generation - Isofix base in centre seat? - sparky100

Hi, i don't know if this is the same as my daughters Nissan Qashqui, but there are no fixing's in the centre seat because it is said to be dangerous. When fitting the child seat behind the passenger or driver seat it is recommended that the front seats are pushed back to help support the child seat in the event of a accident. Sparky100.