First M.O.T - Drivethru
My cars first MOT will be due on 27 March, I like to get the test done a couple of weeks before it's due and I understand that you can get it done a month before it's due and still have it dated for the due date. Will this apply for the first MOT, maybe I will have to take log book for proof of date of registration.

Thanks for any comments.
First M.O.T - Galaxy
Drivethru,

You can get an MOT test done within one month of the expiry of the present certificate and, assuming a pass is obtained, have the remainder of the old certificate added to the new one, i.e. if you have an MOT test done one month (the maximum allowed) before expiry of the present one, you can then obtain a 13 month MOT.

In the case a a car's first MOT you won't have a present certificate so I would imagine that if you have the test carried out a few weeks before you will just "loose" those couple of weeks, i.e. by having the test before it's absolutely necessary.

First M.O.T - oldtoffee
Drivethru,

I'm doing the same next week, 3 weeks early. Take along your log book, V5 and I've been told that the garage will then be able to date it to the due date.