Pre and unregistered cars - smokie
Today's side panel features Range Rovers at incredible savings against list price. The words say these cars are unused, unregistered 2000, 2001 and 2002 models.

What's going on with this kind of thing?

I understand pre-registering to be a mechanism whereby the manufacturers "manage" their market share on a monthly basis.

Walking round GTC and Trade Sales last weekend, it seems this be a mite out of control now, with so many low or delivery mileage vehicles in the market.

But in the case above - where on earth have 2000 Range Rovers been for 2+ years, why didn't someone notice all that money tied up and lying around? Or is there a sensible explanation?
Pre and unregistered cars - patpending
hi smokie

I saw an MG ZS 180 at a considerable saving on list with 7km on the clock in a hangar in Munich a couple of months ago.

First registration was Feb 02!

It looked lovely but I did ask myself where it had been kept in the meantime...

pat
Pre and unregistered cars - Vansboy
I can understand the 'pre reg' game on high volume product.
BUT..earlier threads regarding Mazda Mx5 availability, shows that they are infected with this disease too!
I've been looking into a NEW one for Mrs Vansboy.No discount, in one breath from Mazda, around £250 off in the next!
However, I truly believe that the bulk of these models are pre registered, to achieve targets, but more so, to get the price down to a more 'buyer friendly' level,without devaluing the product, by discounting.
£18995 new Montana or £16495 a month or two old & 50 miles,pre reg.
Which would you buy?
Mark
Pre and unregistered cars - A Dent{P}
Remember the manufacturer's warrantee clock starts ticking as soon as it's registered, still good savings but some cars that could be a concern.