Parking near Stansted - fsa

Looking for somewhere for two days at the end of this month. Anyone know if the residential areas nearby are no-go areas/unethical? Or shall I just book through parkatmyplace?

The flight is at 0500 on a Sun, so not sure if local buses will be up and running to take me from wherever I park to the airport...

Much obliged, everyone!

Parking near Stansted - daveyjp
Plenty of resi streets off Dunmow Road towards Bishops Stortford. You could park and walk to the railway station, assuming Stansted Express runs all night.

Edited by daveyjp on 04/09/2013 at 17:11

Thank you! I'll look into it.

Seems Stansted Express does run all night...an open return will be £7. There's the 308 and 510 buses too...not sure how much cheaper they'll be, but the train sounds like the best bet. Many thanks.

Parking near Stansted - Fernando P

The Stansted Express does not run all night from Bishop's Stortford to the airport. If you park away from the airport, by whatever arrangement, you may need to find a taxi to take you there, which could wipe out any savings that you might make. There is also the added inconvenience and uncertainty and you would no doubt want peace of mind that you will have a reasonable change to making the flight on time. So I suggest you put up with the reliability of parking in the airport car parks.

I can't believe I misread a train timetable! *facepalm*

Thanks for the heads up.

Parking near Stansted - Smileyman

Not sure how many are travelling in your party, but I'm going to be day tripping in a few weeks' time. With the early morning start and late night return I've decided to train it to the airport, and also to stay two nights (anyway I will be too knacked to drive home that night)

I have not costed a day's parking but the speed and convenience of train, compared with the high cost of fuel and Dartford tolls and parking tips the balance. Of course for a car full of people the balance tips back to using the car.

Parking near Stansted - jc2

X30 bus from Chelmsford runs most of the night.