Ford Fiesta Mk4 1999 - Delayed dipped beam - shoalin

Hi guys just recently ive been having a long delay with my dipped beam coming on when engine is running the sidelights come on fine when the stork is turned fully but dipped eventually comes on which is not normal.

Plus last couple of nights there has been cases where as im driving with lights fully on the dipped has switched off once ive pulled over kept moving the stork on and off eventually they come back on ?

Any help and advice wat it could be would be so helpful

cheers kev

Ford Fiesta Mk4 1999 - Delayed dipped beam - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

Got to be the relay, surely? Are the relays behind the glove box on that model? Get the glove box out and get someone to tap the relay when you switch the headlights on.. and see what happens.

Ford Fiesta Mk4 1999 - Delayed dipped beam - shoalin

im not sure wat it is when I went for mot the tester said the delay was longer than it should be there are 2 fuse boxes i beleive one just under dashboard on drivers side next to the door and one in the engine compartment

Ford Fiesta Mk4 1999 - Delayed dipped beam - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

Forget fuses---- Take the relay out (unplug it), give it a shake and plug it back in. Then, as you turn the headlights on, get someone to bang the relay with a screwdriver handle. That should make it operate or stop operating altogether! Anyway, seems like you need a new relay. There should be a sticker on the relay panel to help you identify which one it is. At that age, the relay contacts could well be spiked.