Fuelsaver - Alan Smith
Having fitted a Fuelsaver Max to my 84 Granada 2.8iEstate was disappointed to find after a test drive of 1,000 miles that the mpg was same as before device fitted. Now trying to find the address/contact of the company Fuelsaver given on the handout as Exeter.in order to claim refund under their no quibble 30 day guarantee. Letters returned unopened by GPO. Anyone know of their whereabouts ?
Al Smith
RE: Fuelsaver - Roger Jones
Alan

Is this the product of National Fuelsaver Corp. of Newton MA 02458? If so, the UK agent is Roger Powell at rhp.hopwell@virgin.net.

I was beginning to think that this device was a simple con job. However, Dr Trevor Griffiths of Leeds University (T.R.Griffiths@chemistry.leeds.ac.uk) is a serious supporter of it and claims that there is scientific reason for expecting it to work. I had several long exchanges with him, from which came a sense that the system is a good deal more sensitive than the rudimentary fitting instructions and the simplicity of its configuration suggest. You may wish to air the matter with Trevor before dumping the kit.

As things stand, I gave one of the two kits I purchased to my bro-in-law to fit to his V12 Daimler. His results are as unconvincing as mine were with my Audi 100. I have not bothered to fit the remaining kit to my current Mercedes.

If anyone else has had a better experience with this stuff, I'd like to know.

All the best
RE: Fuelsaver - honestjohn
These things are junk. The only bit they work on is the imagination of the people who buy them and then want to prove to themselves they have not wasted their money. Their claims cannot be properly substantiated which is why they are banned from advertising.

HJ
RE: Fuelsaver - Roger Jones
HJ, you may recall that the one I bought was advertised in the Daily Telegraph . . .