SEAT Alhambra - G201 ESP brake pressure sensor - Mankymanning

Hi,

I am trying to make sense of an ESP light coming on. The dealer has told me it is a G201 fault code which apparently is a brake pressure sensor. They say "the warranty company" it is not covered by my JCT600 platinum warrnty (nothing seems to be). I thought it was a JCT600 warranty but they always talk about them as if they are a separate entity.

Anyway, any googling about it always seems to say that since about 2003 or so the sensor itself was built into the ABS pump and that the whole pump therefore needs replacing. If that is the case then my warranty clearly states that the ABS pump is covered.

How can I find out if the sensor is internal or external to the ABS pump in my car? I have a 2008 Seat Alhambra 2.0TDI Stylance.

Thanks.

SEAT Alhambra - G201 ESP brake pressure sensor - elekie&a/c doctor

The abs/esp is one unit,but is made up of 2 components.The electronic control module is one part and the hydraulic modulator is the other.The brake pressure sensor is in the hydraulic part and is available as a repair kit/programme from VW.The price varies between around £150-250.I would say that the pressure sensor is definitely part of the abs pump,but it does not need a complete unit.hth

SEAT Alhambra - G201 ESP brake pressure sensor - Mankymanning

Thanks for that, JCT's warranty company was claiming it wasn;t covered (no surprises there)

However I contacted Seat UK and they are going to cover the whole cost of the repair! result!

Can't recommend JCT600 Menston as a dealer though.