dvla - cockneyboy

good morning can anyone help- back in 2102 dec i sold my car to a mate and sent the logbook to swansea stupidly i sent it by post and not recoreded - 1st mistake - a few weeks ago i got a letter saying i hadnt informed swansea and i am in court on 19th july this friday where i could be fined up to £1000

i didnt get any reminders or letter saying about this as stated in their letter - i only got this letter informing me of court cause the postie gave it to me as i was walking down my drive so it wasnt even posted

as i dont get involved with the police i am terrified -- i wrote pleading guilty as it was what i thought i should do -- 2nd mistake

any advise please

dvla - Armitage Shanks {p}

This may give some information about posting and delivery

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/speeding-defences-2/

Pleading guilty isn't going to be helpful but I think you can change you plea when you get to court.

dvla - Palcouk

You dont get a court summons for failing to inform the DVLA, you first get a letter detailing that they have issued a penalty fine.

This would then be followed up by other letters.

Any fine imposed by the DVLA is a civil matter, not a police matter. There is nothing in law that allows the DVLA to issue a penalty and have that enforced by a court