Nissan Qashqai+2 - Air Conditioning pressure sensor - AR_Sceptic

Hi All

I have a Qashqai with manual air con that is not working. I'm pretty sure the compressor clutch isn't engaging and I have checked the relay fuse (OK) and teh button/led come on too.

I supsect therefore that there might be low refridgerent pressure that is preventing the clutch activating. To test this (momentarily) I was thinking of shorting out the low pressure switch which I believe is on the front offside cornee under the bonnet connected to a kind of small canister.

The sensor connector appears to have three pins, so which two to short ??

Thanks all - JS

Nissan Qashqai+2 - Air Conditioning pressure sensor - elekie&a/c doctor

This is an electronic sensor switch.Under no circumstances can you short out any of the wires ,otherwise serious damage may be done to the electronics of the system.Get the system pressure tested by a competent a/c engineer.

Nissan Qashqai+2 - Air Conditioning pressure sensor - AR_Sceptic

OK thanks - so more sophisticated than a simple low pressure indicator then ?

Is there any history of common faults with this system do you know ? Car is only just over 3 years old..

Cheers

Nissan Qashqai+2 - Air Conditioning pressure sensor - elekie&a/c doctor

Modern pressure switches are not on/off contact devices.They produce a variable voltage according to the pressure in the system.You really need to get the gas pressure system tested,as no gas means no a/c. There are no particular common faults,but the basics need to be checked first.hth