Ford Mondeo Estate - Red Light NIP- No reply after second communication - Danny_Godfrey

Hi, I crossed a red light of which I have no idea of. I recieved a NIP and I asked for photos. I wrote back after duly checking photos with wife/father that I do not remember the incident. I have recieved a letter that I have to identify the identity as a law and a notice will be issued shortly to which I should reply. I have not recieved any notice since last 7 days and am wondering what to do next. The original 28 days are about to pass. Help!!!!!!!!

Ford Mondeo Estate - Red Light NIP- No reply after second communication - Dwight Van Driver

The first indication after an offence is within 14 days a Notice of Intended Prosecution,

This is accompanied by a form to name the driver (Sect 172 Road Traffic Act 1988). This HAS TO BE COMPLETED withn 28 days and returned otherwise offence..

In requesting the photo and writing back without complying it could be that they are giving you a second chance to name driver.

If you do not then they can take the matter to Court for failing to name - fine and 6 points.

There is a defence under the Act that a person shall nt be convicted if tyhat person can show they did not know AND could not have ascertained with reasonable dilegence who the driver of the vehicle was. This generally applies to mulyi use vehicles. As far as single use vehicles /private owners are concerned this defence is the past has been abused so much that it will be hard job without evidence to convince the Bench.

dvd

Ford Mondeo Estate - Red Light NIP- No reply after second communication - Danny_Godfrey

Thanks for the reply. however the exact terminology on the last letter says:-

A further notice will shortly be sent under seperate cover and this should be completed and signed as indicated.

I have never recieved any notice. Is it just terminology?

Cheers,

What i intend to know is whether i should reply to them or should I wait for the notice?

Edited by Danny_Godfrey on 15/06/2013 at 17:12