'52 KA 1.3 - Ford KA w/ multiple problems - man_named_dave

Got a few problems with my KA, but I'll start with the most pressing.

Recently, after driving, there has been a gurgling sound coming from the coolant hoses and expansion tank. The level has not been dropping and I've always kept it topped up. The hoses get plenty hot and there's no sign of any steam or leakages anywhere. I thought it was only longer jouneys but it also happened after 5 miles.

A few days ago, the temperature warning light also came on after approx. 15 miles on 60 roads. The first time I pulled over immediately and it didn't come back on. The second time I put the blowers on max power and full heat, and the light went off after 5-10 secs.

Obviously I don't feel safe driving at all now, and I'd like to check over the cooling system. Any advice on what to check first and how to do it?

Ta,

David

'52 KA 1.3 - Ford KA w/ multiple problems - elekie&a/c doctor

A gurgling sound from the cooling system and a warning light ,suggests you definitely have a problem.If there is no water loss,then it could be a thermostat problem.If you have the old style endura engine,it is a cheap and easy job.The later overhead cam engine is more involved and more expensive.hth