decor - hillman

Where is PG these days ? Has she developed into a figure in finance ?

I saw an Audi sports car with the interlocked rings of the logo on the bonnet decorated with diamantés. It looked quite twee.

decor - Bobbin Threadbare

Oh. Dear.

That's almost as bad as those headlamp 'eyelashes' I have seen on Nissan Micras and Ford Kas. On a par with 'powered by Fairydust' decals on the bodywork of the car....cringe.

decor - hillman

Have a care Bobbin, PG is one of us !

decor - Bobbin Threadbare

???

decor - hillman

Bobbin

You must be a new guy. Polo Girl is an 'old timer' on the site.

decor - jamie745

Bobbin may play rugby but I can vouch for the fact she's all woman.

decor - TeeCee

On a par with 'powered by Fairydust' decals on the bodywork of the car....cringe.

I'm happy to say that is one abomination that I have not seen. Just out of interest, can you get "Dented by someone with good taste" stickers?

If this sort of thing is to become common, I may need to lay in a supply.

Edited by TeeCee on 22/04/2013 at 09:49

decor - Avant

PoloGirl hasn't been around for a long time: you and I remember her, Hillman, but to my knowledge she hasn't posted in the 2 years since Bobbin's been with us.

She was a charming 20-something, almost as charming as Bobbin: she was a moderator for a time, some time before I became one in 2010 - and was much fiercer than I am!

I'm sure she has been a success in whatever profession she's in: she managed to sell a clapped-out 10-year-old VW Polo for £1,500. I'm pretty sure she wasn't twee, and would be as horrified by the diamante as we are.

Edited by Avant on 22/04/2013 at 00:27

decor - hillman

Just shows that I haven't been paying attention. I'm not sorry of course ! Gender is not one of the most important factors if one is a true motorist. But, if the owner wishes to apply a little decor to assert individuality...

If I remember correctly PG had her Polo resprayed in a very jazzy metal flake suspension enamel. When she bent it severely the insurance company insisted in writing it off, much to her anger and disgust, and other emotions too. I think that she prevailed eventually. If she later sold it for £1500 then that really is an eyeopener.

During the 1960s I often saw a Ford saloon with the model letters changed to read REPHYR. Being separate letters in those days it was a cute way to assert oneself.

decor - Ed V

Who selects 'moderators' and who are they on this site?

decor - RT

Shhhhhh - it's a secret - no-one knows the answer to either question !

decor - bathtub tom

Who selects 'moderators' and who are they on this site?

The Stig's only got a part-time job. Who knows?

decor - Avant

When the forum was revamped in early 2010 three of us volunteered - Boris the Spider, Well-known Sid and myself. The other two don't often post but are around usually in the mornings and intercept spam. I check the forum most evenings.

Sorry - nothing more exciting or sinister than that!