Renault Megane II - renault megane faults - billybiker

Why do people still buy Renault Meganes my daughter purchased a 58 reg with 46000 miles on the clock she got it home day after cd player packed up garage sourced her another one 4 months later drivers side window packs up a month after that passenger window packs up Renault say they will pay up to 70% of the cost but she will still have to pay £150 now both headlights have gone and a brake light , i suppose she should be glad it still starts well i'm glad thats off my chest when she can get rid of this motor i know what she won't be looking to buy .

Renault Megane II - renault megane faults - veloster

i had one of these cars back in the day (2003) bourght new and owned for 3 years without any problems,sold on to a friend who still has the car and has not had any major problems with it.

i assume they replaced the cd player for free and renault paying 70% for the windows is a goodwill gesture as it well out of warranty.both headlights have gone i assume you mean the bulbs,not expensive just a pain to fit..

dont think you have much to complain about on a car nearly 5 years old

Renault Megane II - renault megane faults - Avant

Renaults are fine if you buy new and look after them: I had seven in a row with no major problems (1980-2001).

But they are more vulnerable to abuse or neglect by previous owners. To be on the safe side, if you're buying a car more than about 5 years old, go Japanese and petrol-powered.

Renault Megane II - renault megane faults - barney100

Should think you didn't have any problems keeping a new car for three years and then getting another.

True - although the last three, each of which I had for 4 years, each did over 100,000 miles.

Edited by Avant on 22/04/2013 at 00:13

Renault Megane II - renault megane faults - mikegr

I wonder if you can help?!

I have a Megane Dynamique[ 03 plate] and have had it for about 18 months. I have spent a fortune on it because of starting problems and uneven running. I have replaced the battery, starter motor. crank sensor and now I don't know what to do because I like the car very much. my present problems are:

1. It starts but then cuts out after about 5 seconds so it needs about 5 starts to get going. [Once started, it is fine].

2. The computer display cuts out after a while but comes back after the car has stopped for a while.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Mikegr.

Renault Megane II - renault megane faults - Fernando P

I had a Megane 1 (1996) model (auto) from 2000 to 2012 and did not have much to complain about either! And I can't complain about my current 2004 Laguna Sp T 2.2Dci (auto) that I have had for 7 years. It has now done >100K mls with, I am sure, more to come.

Renault Megane II - renault megane faults - tony g
One major reason for buying Renault used , is they are a lot cheaper than the alternative focus / fiesta etc .
The lower price paid is rarely mentioned when owners complain about the quality of their purchase .

Edited by tony g on 21/04/2013 at 19:35

Renault Megane II - renault megane faults - joshua

I think you could buy any car from any supposed better quality manufacture and have the same or worse problems.

If you check out the ADAC reliabilty surveys you will see that Renault rate very highly.

Check out the VW Golf forum, plenty of broken windows on there !

Best Regards

Renault Megane II - renault megane faults - daveyK_UK

The Mark 2 Megane has lots of quality issues, this shouldnt come as a suprise if you did some research into the vehicle.

Renault Megane II - renault megane faults - JOGON

Renault are pants, buying Nissan may help them up into 1990's quality.

Once bitten twice know better than to buy a Renault.

The more so these days (same for Peugeot Citroen etc) when Hyundai and Kia have attained Toyota like build and zero defect (and long Warranty).

Renault Megane II - renault megane faults - Collos25

Have you ever owned a PSA vehicle I have had loads two in my drive at the moment not a moments bother out of any of them even from cars that have had star ship mileage.

Renault Megane II - renault megane faults - JOGON

Certainly, or I'd not have felt able to say that.

You must have just been lucky.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/tax-insurance-and-warranties/warranty-direct-names-britains-most-reliable-cars/

Without doubt Peugeot's the worst most unreliable car our family have ever owned.

Renault Megane II - renault megane faults - glenn1411

Billy biker,

Let me cheer you up a little if i may?

First off ive spent 30 years working in the motor industry {sales} cars and bikes, i worked for a family buisness for 13 happy years with the Renault franchise from 1988 to 2001 eventually ending up for 9 years of that time as Sales Manager,When i left the company and car sales in 2001 after 20 years worth in the job, i purchased a Laguna 1.6 16v Sport-Alize phase 2 ,which NEVER caused me a problem in the 5 years i owned it, i sold the Laguna cheap to my nephew who was stuck for transport and decided to treat myself to a newer Renault model, i had been a Renault man for 13 happy years as a job and a further 5 years happily owning the Laguna, yes sir, Renault was for me,! so off i went to the Auction in 2007 and bought myself a 2003 03' Renault Megane" 2" 1.6 VVT 3dr "Dynamique".with only 44,000 miles on it a good condition car, dynamique is the right word as its never failed to amaze me, 4 years down the line after much persistance from me the Renault Man its going ive replaced it with a slightly older BETTER SAAB, here is what "failed on the car during my time of ownership, and i do mean failed i am fastidious at looking after my cars, X2 front road springs {both broke!} x1 wiper motor, x1 alternator, x2 batteries, x1 card reader, cambelt changed with modified "dephasher" AND cambelt position sensor, -{cost £500!!} x3 widow motor 's x1 indicator/ wiper dashboard operating swiches all one unit cannot be bought seperately!!! £150.00{on taking the replacement part out of its renault box new it was FAULTY, !! } in short never ever, ever again will i buy ANYTHING French, peugeot Citroen today are little better, Renault have lost THOUSANDS of loyal owners down to their new generation's of "plastic" cars from 2002 onwards, NOTHING whatsoever is repairable anymore everything is a cheap quality "made in china" replacement SEALED part, Mechanic's yes thats the word not Technician's are little more than "fitters" today they repair NOTHING, take the faulty part off- take a new one out of its box! thats about it, and the price of the new one out of the box?? absolutely rediculous for a little piece of curcuit board plastic WITH a built in life expectancy,! and what is the ONLY way of diagnoising these meriad of faults? why with a lap top computer of course, in short the residule value of ALL these newer model renault's is down to "Button's" they are worth NOTHING secondhand, thats newer model Megane,Scenic,Laguna,Espace, my goodness me, you cannot fix any of these faults at home anymore which is just the way they want it today you have to see at the very least an auto electrician motor cars of the 21st centuary?? you CAN keep them!

kind regards.

Edited by glenn1411 on 17/04/2014 at 11:31

Renault Megane II - renault megane faults - Galaxy

I know a car main agent in the UK and they are the main agent for both Honda and Renault.

They say that, were it not for the Renault side of the business, their service department wouldn't have anything to do!

Renault Megane II - renault megane faults - daveyK_UK

I take it most of the Dacia bits come from Renault prior to 2001?

Glenn - welcome to the forum, but if you really want to cheer us up please put some paragraphs in next time you post.