306 hdi - rev restriction - Rob H 85

hello everyone.

i recently had a problem with my pug 306 (it wouldnt start), i changed wiring loom but that didnt solve the problem, i then got an open ecu which bypassed the immobilizer, the car now runs but wont rev above 3000rpm. also sometimes when i turn the key on i get a horrible noise from the fuel filter housing. could it be a wire i missed out or something? any ideas would be very helpful..

cheers

306 hdi - rev restriction - Peter.N.

The fuel filter noise is a 'characteristic' of some Hdi engines but not normally anything to worry about, its some sort of resonance, at least it shows that the pump is working.

For you low rev problem you need a code reader, if you look on the 'French Car Forum' there is a list of people that have Lexia/Planet analysers, if you live not to far from one I'm sure he would help you out.

Do you have a lot of smoke at 3000 rpm, if so you could have a restriction in the air intake somewhere.

Wouldn't bother me much as long as it pulls at low revs, I very rarely exceed 2000 rpm, works wonders for your fuel consumption.