Audi A2 coil pack - Rapidreg
I have been told by my Audi VW garage that I need a new coil pack for my Audi A2 1.6 FSI but the part is on back order till 25th may 2007 I have checked with the main dealer who tell the same story, I find this to be totally unacceptable I am told there is a manufacturing problem meanwhile I can not drive my car and have to hire a car at great expense!!! I understand that this is not the first time that this has been a problem with VAG is there any thing I can do to resolve this problem?
Audi A2 coil pack - Aprilia
Nothing you can do but wait - only the bespoke part will work. VAG and Renault seem to have on-going problems with coils for the last 3 years. Maybe they should start using only Jap coils - can't remember when I last heard of one failing (that hadn't been mistreated).
Audi A2 coil pack - injection doc
Yep common problem i'm afraid so you will have to wait, your lucky you haven't got long to wait, few years ago BMW had problems with thermoststs on 525's & some were off the road for months waiting for a new design of housing to be manufactured!
I have in the past customers that have kicked up such a fuss with a manufacture direct that they then produce a part like magic or if the part is current I have experienced a car being stripped on production line for parts but it's a question of whether your stress levels can cope.
Coil packs in general are becomming a very common problem on most makes except japanesse so why can't the rest get it right (cheap manufacturing!) but I also belive that the long milage between plug changes puts added stress on the coils as the plug wears. Over the last few years at work I have changed plugs at half the milage service intervals & seen a drop in coil changes ( except renault)
Regards