Speeding penalties UK/Euro: compare and contrast. - FotheringtonThomas
3 nuns were stopped speeding at 120MPH. The maximum speed limit where they were caught seems to be 80MPH.

The driver num was fined the equivalent of £325, and "lost her driving licence for a month", and intends to appeal.

tinyurl.com/speedingnuns
Speeding penalties UK/Euro: compare and contrast. - jc2
120 mph. in a Fiesta-must be a good one!!!
Speeding penalties UK/Euro: compare and contrast. - FotheringtonThomas
Also reported elsewhere as 110MPH and 112MPH - in Italy, reported as 180KPH, approx. 112MPH.

However, the car's capabilities aside, what penalty might this fast nun receive for this offence in the UK?
Speeding penalties UK/Euro: compare and contrast. - Zippy123
Prison probably
Speeding penalties UK/Euro: compare and contrast. - Westpig
on TG last night, Clarkson showed a US speeding ticket for a Bugatti doing over 200mph and the fine was something like $500....not sure whether that item was contrived though
Speeding penalties UK/Euro: compare and contrast. - Dynamic Dave
not sure whether that item was contrived though

Well here's the alleged ticket:-

www.gtspirit.com/2009/07/10/worlds-fastest-speedin...t

Speeding penalties UK/Euro: compare and contrast. - Lud
I was greatly cheered by the story about the three nuns in their evidently very well-fettled Fiesta, even if they were clocked at the bottom of a steep autostrada downslope. The youngest of the three was the driver, a lady in her late fifties.

Do all the nuns in Italy start driving like carabinieri on the way to a terrorist incident when the Pope is reported to have tripped over his cassock, on the gleeful assumption that they have an excuse?

How I hope they do.
Speeding penalties UK/Euro: compare and contrast. - Stuartli
A wing and a prayer case?

Perhaps we now know where Rattle's missing first Fiesta can be found?

Not surprising the now Read Only thread about Nuns speeding at 120mph was started - this one's thread title doesn't give a clue..:-)

Edited by Stuartli on 20/07/2009 at 18:53

Speeding penalties UK/Euro: compare and contrast. - Hamsafar
I hope they don't make a habit of it.
Speeding penalties UK/Euro: compare and contrast. - Pugugly
Which is why I started spouting on the other thread - I hadn't read this - may rectify it later.