New look to website. Volume 1 - L'escargot

***** This thread is now closed, CLICK HERE to go to Volume 2 *****

It's not that I dislike the new look, it's just that I'd become accustomed to the old ~ a bit like one becomes accustomed to old, comfortable, slippers!
--
L'escargot.
New look to forum. - Pugugly {P}
Yes, my thoughts exactly, although I did scroll down to look for an edit button. :-(

It's very nice really.
New look to forum. - Dynamic Dave
Phew, glad it's not just me that's noticed the difference. I've just this minute sent an email off to Khoo systems asking if it's a legitimate change in case the hackers have returned.
New look to forum. - tyro
Wow! Just what I wanted. A favicon.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=37...4

(Not that I disagree with L'escargot)
New look to forum. - Lud
If the forum was a newspaper one would suspect journalists had been laid off, celebs were being hired and their pathetic output was being spread thinner because it was thinner.

However that can't be the case. It's just a designery thing.
New look to forum. - Chris M
Is it change for changes sake? I hope not.

Anyone worked out what we have now that we didn't have before, other than Motor Match that doesn't seem to work for me?
New look to forum. - bell boy
the colours have changed but i am on wonderful opera
New look to forum. - nortones2
i'd just done a software update (Mac and using Safari browser0 and thought I'd had been afflicted by a gremlin:)
New look to forum. - FotheringtonThomas
the colours have changed but i am on wonderful opera

I are using you-know-what. The screen keeps blinking like anything, as if it's being re-drawn a few times in a second every so often. Maybe it's a loose contact?
New look to forum. - Stuartli
>>Anyone worked out what we have now that we didn't have before, other than Motor Match that doesn't seem to work for me?>>

In a few brief seconds of use I've found the E-mail replies to this post to me - a feature of some other forums which I visit.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
In a few brief seconds of use I've found the E-mail replies to this post to me - a feature of some
other forums which I visit.

You'll notice it's gone again, as it was more trouble than it was worth.
For instance, the webmasters email box kept getting silly out of office replies, and also people replying to these messsages regardless of the instructions telling them not to.

DD.
New look to forum. - AlastairW
Ther only changes I have noticed (so far) are:
1. The colours.
2. Motormatch in the left hand menu - anyone tried it yet?
Motormatch

Not getting that am I in another time space continuim again ?
Got it now.
New look to forum. - bell boy
no motormatch here but look at the face

am i bovvvvvvvvvered?

;-)
New look to forum. - Altea Ego
Glad to see that change control was at work here,

Were the users notified?
or
How about the moderators? no?

I think a certain sys admin needs to go on an Itil course.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
How about the moderators? no?

We were notified, but I didn't see the information from Stephen Khoo initially. It's only when I log in that my moderator buttons and separate notification forum appear. Saw this post first, then Stephen's message to us. DD.
New look to forum. - JH
Change control :-( Explaining to people as thick as 2 short planks, who've never strung 2 lines of code together, something which is beyond their comprehension.

Or, not being allowed to bounce a dead system because it has to go through change control first. I've nothing against ITIL, just the people who use it as a drunk uses a lamp post.

Who said RIM?

:-)

JH
New look to forum. - Altea Ego
Change control :-( Explaining to people as thick as 2 short
planks who've never strung 2 lines of code together something which
is beyond their comprehension.
Or not being allowed to bounce a dead system because it
has to go through change control first. I've nothing against ITIL
just the people who use it as a drunk uses a
lamp post.
Who said RIM?

Ah a unix sys admin speaks...... Unusual to be in english and not gobbledegeek. ;)
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
New look to forum. - JH
No, haven't got a clue about Unix, 'cept it tends not to dribble it's memory all over the floor like NT. Just a poor sod trying to run a technical team and doing battle against the "throwing more junior management at any problem will solve it" attitude.

JH
New look to forum. - PhilW
"Change control :-( Explaining to people as thick as 2 short planks, who've never strung 2 lines of code together, something which is beyond their comprehension.
Or, not being allowed to bounce a dead system because it has to go through change control first. I've nothing against ITIL, just the people who use it as a drunk uses a lamp post.
Who said RIM?
:-)
JH "

Didn't understand a word of that (must be "as thick as 2 short planks" )
Soon as I switched on tonight, realised it looked different but can't quite put my finger on exactly what has changed . After looking at posts for half hour or so it now looks "normal".
--
Phil
New look to forum. - drbe
Motormatch won't open for me!
New look to forum. - Mapmaker
I don't like the new look as much as the old. The old look had clearer divisions between the separate posts which made it easier to read. Change for the sake of change - pointless.
New look to forum. - Clanger
Thank goodness I've been awarded an edit feature at last. Is it a long service award thingy?
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
It's not that I dislike the new look it's just that
I'd become accustomed to the old ~ a bit like one
becomes accustomed to old comfortable slippers!

It's OK, but this must be either the "merit" model, else half the trim's fallen off!
New look to forum. - No FM2R
I do love the whole idea of fixing somethign which wasn't broken.

Things now are less distinctive and seem to run into each other more. I can't say I see the improvement, but then I can't say I saw what was wrong before you fixed it.

A wild-ass guess would be someone new taking control of appearances and trying to justify/prove their new responsibilities andfees. [but then I'm just a cynic]

Probably a quiet day in Hammersmith today.
New look to forum. - rtj70
My guess and it is a guess...

Forum was hacked (that game thing on the right) and so we've been upgraded to avoid that loop hole and someone else easily hacking. Including the original hacker. I can live with that and see why necessary..

Visually it's different but I assume "Forum Version 1.8" more different behine the scenes. I say that as a techie.... nearly said sad techie but I'm happy ;-)
New look to forum. - David Horn
Testing, testing...
New look to forum. - Dalglish
..and so we've been upgraded to avoid that loop hole

honestjohn flagged up the impending improvements a couple times some time ago - eg.
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=48...5
Visually it's different

the only little bit that i do not find appealing so far is the "white space". if that was made some pale pastel shade, i would be 100% happy.

Dalglish - you have a remarkable memory.
New look to forum. - Dalglish
Dalglish - you have a remarkable memory.

thanks, though there are times when it is not such a welcome attribute.
mind you, i had no trouble at school or university with any subject or exams ever (including grammar and use of capitals).
New look to forum. - PhilW
"a welcome attribute.
mind you, i had no trouble at school or university with any subject or exams ever (including grammar and use of capitals)."

Obviously! ;-)
--
Phil
New look to forum. - cheddar
Looks fine to me though it would be good to have the, for instance .....

Discussion > New look to forum

..... buttons repeated at the bottom of a thread to save scrolling back up to the top.
New look to forum. - L'escargot
I think that since yesterday the solid lines above and below the thread title/ name of poster/ date and time have returned. But there again my bad memory is legendary!
--
L\'escargot.
Correct L'escargot.

The border lines were missing for a while. I asked if they could be put back in as it helped break up each post in the thread to make for easier reading.

DD.
Position your mouse pointer over the left-hand edge of the page (where "E-mail HJ, Home, News ...." and the ads. below are. Move the mouse pointer up and down for a very odd looking screen flickering effect - surely unintentional?
New look to forum. - Cliff Pope
Position your mouse pointer over the left-hand edge of the page
(where "E-mail HJ Home News ...." and the ads. below are.
Move the mouse pointer up and down for a very odd
looking screen flickering effect - surely unintentional?

I noticed that. The new forum doesn't like my mouse scrolling wheel. The screen dithers about like trying to read a newspaper while operating a road drill.
New look to forum. - jerrykew

That effect is *usually* caused by a 'bold on mouseover' styling so as the mouse goes over the text it changes the size of the text, then as the size changes it ceases to be under the mouse, so it resizes again, etc etc...

Jerry
The screen dithers about like trying to read a newspaper
while operating a road drill.

Very good!
I noticed that.

Can't say that I have, but Stephen Khoo is looking in on this thread every now and again. If there is a problem, then I'm sure he'll try and address it.

DD.
New look to forum. - Stephen
To be fair Dave they were always in there .. in all well-behaved browers - just not visible in Internet Explorer that doesn't understand borders on table rows. ... so now they are borders on table cells which it does understand. We had to compromise the side edges of the box but that is the best compromise one can do easily.

But yes - you were helpfully able to see that they were missing!

I am sure the juddering effect is also another IE undesirable which I may see it for myself when I crank up IE in our VM.

As for making changes - well that's an inevitable fact of life that I suppose some like to resist. We need to move on some really old html from stuff that is almost 6 years old to more modern CSS and less tables for layout. We are not complete purists in this case and take the view that if tables still make some stuff easier and work ok then we still will use them, just not on the same scale as before. Sometimes the CSS used to get around tables is worse than the tables they are replacing. That's why we don't go crazy over this.

The forum software is used elsewhere and already had a CSS makeover. So this simply got brought back in the main to this site. That way we get rid of the really old stuff and can maintain a more consistent set.
We will be making more changes to the site with new sections added and so on. It all is good for HJ and keeps the whole thing fresh and active.
----------------------------------
Stephen Khoo
www.khoosys.net
New look to forum. - Stephen
The page flashing as one rolled over links was pretty bad. It only seemed to affect IE and not Firefox, Safari etc. It seemed to be caused by the two flash (shockwave) ads in the left nav although this is strange as nothing changed in the code used to place these.

We have replaced this with a javascript solution that seems to fix the problem.

Cheers

Stephen Khoo
www.khoosys.net
The page flashing as one rolled over links was pretty bad. It only seemed to affect IE
[...]

It does indeed, Mr. K. Wonderful!
New look to forum. - Lud
What's all this going all narrow carp though?
What's all this going all narrow carp though?

Huh? Please explain.

ps, have deleted your same question in a new thread as I'm guessing it's related to the recent changes - which is what this thread is for.

DD.
New look to forum. - David Horn
And you deleted my fish puns.

Curse you, DD. ;-)
It seemed to be caused by the two flash (shockwave) ads in
the left nav

Does that mean the problem of the site crashing if you don't turn off shockwave flash beforehand has now finally been resolved?
New look to forum. - expat
I was hard put to see any differences however this reply window looks a little different and there a couple of new buttons at the top for Car Insurance and Car Loans.

I am using Debian 4 and Firefox (IceWeasel) 2.0.0.3

It all looks fine to me and if the Sysadmins think that an update is needed then I am happy to take their word for it. I am sure most of the changes are behind the scenes and invisible to us users.
New look to forum. - tr7v8
It only needs a couple of dozen more upgrades & it maybe up with all of the other forums I use as regards ease of use & appearance. (deleted), this one is dated!

(CASUAL BLASPHEMY IS DEEPLY OFFENSIVE ANS IS NOT TOLERATED ON THIS WEBSITE)
New look to WEBSITE. - L'escargot
I don't know why you guys call it 'forum'.

I'm the one to blame, HJ. Please accept my apologies.
--
L\'escargot.
New look to WEBSITE. - No FM2R
>>I don't know why you guys call it 'forum'

Because its the only bit that we use to any extent ? And those people who use the other bits and not the forum, if there are regulars that do so rather than those who come once or twice, have nowhere to comment or refer to it as a "website" to balance matters.

>>new advertising opportunities

Now where did I put that pop-up blocker..................
New look to WEBSITE. - tr7v8
I don't know why you guys call it 'forum'.

Because it is a forum, every other "forum" I use sits in a website with other things but is still a forum!
Go look at Pistonheads, a massive forum that sits within various other bits of website but still a forum.
new advertising opportunities so that

Thank heavens for Firefox & a pop up blocker!
New look to WEBSITE. - Lud
There's a link to a motor match grid in another thread. When I try to look at it, the grid appears for a second and then vanishes. This has happened several times with the feature.
the red text representign the thread title used to be bold, now it isn't, now it doesn't stand out.

The yellow around the reply box is nasty

the "New" flag still hasn't been made more prominent.

On the forum directory page it is a small box of interesting information absolutel deluged by boxes, adverts, flashing, scrolling text etc. etc. It looks like a Chrristmas tree and not a good one.

The pages lack a strong banner across the top, but I guess that's because fo the desperate need to slot in more and more advertising. On which note I would point out that the advertising on this site is so nasty that I will make every effort to avoid spending money with any supplier who has one of these adverts - epsecially since half the time they've got nothing to do with motoring.

No spell checking, still times out on long post writing, still need to return to the top of the thread to navigate.

All in all, whilst I totally understand Stephen's comments about technology changes, the appearance changes seem largely pointless and mostly a deterioration.

oh, and I just used IE without any pop up or advert blocking to see how the site looked to the unwise. Omigod, what a amess and how many pop-ups ? Where on earth did you find an advertising agency with such outdated ideas of the type of advertising which is effective and with so little awareness of the improtance of aesthetics ?
New look to WEBSITE. - Stephen
the red text representign the thread title used to be bold now it isn't now
it doesn't stand out.

it wasn't - it was just underlined. But point taken - it's bold now.
The yellow around the reply box is nasty

Too bad.

Yes - it's still the same. BOLD RED - for the visually impaired
On the forum directory page it is a small box of interesting information absolutel deluged
by boxes adverts flashing scrolling text etc. etc. It looks like a Chrristmas tree and
not a good one.

Not my problem.
The pages lack a strong banner across the top but I guess that's because fo
the desperate need to slot in more and more advertising. On which note I would
point out that the advertising on this site is so nasty that I will make
every effort to avoid spending money with any supplier who has one of these adverts
- epsecially since half the time they've got nothing to do with motoring.

A commercial decision and nothing to do with you or me!
No spell checking

Get yourself a nice browser like Firefox that has spell checking built in. - Yes it even underlines in red your "epsecially".

still times out on long post writing still need to return to
the top of the thread to navigate.

Good point
All in all whilst I totally understand Stephen's comments about technology changes the appearance changes
seem largely pointless and mostly a deterioration.

.. to the uninitiated.

Stephen Khoo
www.khoosys.net
New look to WEBSITE. - L'escargot
Too bad.

Not my problem.

Ooh er! I'm beginning to regret starting this thread! ;-)
--
L\'escargot.
New look to WEBSITE. - Imagos
Too bad.

Not my problem.

Quite an arrogant response.
New look to WEBSITE. - Xileno {P}
I think he was probably being deliberately provoked by a certain contributor that we all hold in such high esteem.
New look to WEBSITE. - Dalglish
I think he was probably being deliberately provoked

and he took the bait, rather than respond in a positive calm fashion. ( whatever the history between the two amy be ).
the result is that other people with any constructive suggestions will be put off; assuming of course any suggestions were welcome in the first place.
>> I think he was probably being deliberately provoked
and he took the bait rather than respond in a positive calm fashion. ( whatever
the history between the two amy be ).

On the whole I think you are right and make a good point.
the result is that other people with any constructive suggestions will be put off; assuming
of course any suggestions were welcome in the first place.

One normally assesses the suggestion given the source. We all do that. For example, if Dave puts forward a suggestion it carries higher weight as my assumption is that he has carefully considered it in the light of a series of comments to him and won't bother us with time-wasters but with stuff that could do with sorting out.
And yes, on the whole most people are constructive and we read it as such.

We also acknowledged that FM2R did also make some good points.

Stephen Khoo
www.khoosys.net
New look to WEBSITE. - Dynamic Dave
>> the "New" flag still hasn't been made more prominent.
Yes - it's still the same. BOLD RED - for the visually impaired

I don't suppose it could be changed to upper case?
New look to WEBSITE. - ForumNeedsModerating
Couple of observations:

- Shockwave flash finally seems to be behaving (at least in a non-IE browser)

- An index of some kind on 'Road Tests' would be nice - the scroll page is about 5 metres long!
Perhaps similar to the 'Car by Car' , by make/model/year etc?

Couple of observations:
- Shockwave flash finally seems to be behaving (at least in a non-IE browser)

Yes - it seemed to be an IE only problem.
- An index of some kind on 'Road Tests' would be nice - the scroll
page is about 5 metres long!
Perhaps similar to the 'Car by Car' by make/model/year etc?

Yes - good idea.
Stephen Khoo
www.khoosys.net
>>The trick is not to let the %@?????∞ /@ get under our skins.

I'm sorry, could you explain your comment, or do you prefer me to return to winding you up at every conceivable moment because If feel insulted. I can get under your skin any time I choose, do try not to tempt me into it.

As for Stephen Khoo;

I have no "history" with him as far as I am aware
I didn't take anything he said as stroppy, I didn't intend that he should feel I was being stroppy with him. Sorry if he took it that way.

Strange how one way abuse is tolerated.

I still feel the forum is way behind the times, a lot of this is down to anachronistic rules such as no edit button, mile long threads, with no paging, which is a pain & very intrusive advertising, which is down to the forum owners. It's certainly the only Forum using this software that I know of.
I certainly wouldn't use an advertiser on here.
Some policies on here are more than strange, such as no embedded links.
It may not be what people want to hear but is mine & obviously FM2Rs opinion, like it or not.

New look to WEBSITE. - Pugugly {P}
Well, I'm with the OP on this but sometimes you have to buy new slippers. The tweaks are ok, I don't visit for the colour scheme but for the "conversation".
If posters were given an edit button they could change what they had previously posted
making nonsense of responses to that post. So instead of that you have a preview
facility so you can preview what you have written correct keying and spelling mistakes if
you want to then confirm the post.

Strange how EVERY other website doesn't consider this a problem! Hence my comment about some strange perceptions on here!
>> If posters were given an edit button....
Strange how EVERY other website doesn't consider this a problem!

Other websites I've seen with an edit button *may* not consider it a problem, but when people who edit their posts don't fill in the "reason for editing box", the only clue you have that they've edited their post is "post edited on date at time".

Now unless the edit was for a simple spelling mistake, you have no idea if the content had been changed or not until you read any replies to that post, and if the content has been changed the replies don't make any sense.

::adorns moderators hat for a second:: the edit button discussion has been done to death, and the bottom line is there isn't going to be one. So can we now drop further discussion on it please. DD.

New look to WEBSITE. - Stuartli
I think that, overall, the website presentation is cleaner, clearer and sharper (i.e. stands out better), but do feel that the first line (in this case Discussion > New look to website, which is in red) should be in a slightly larger font.

It's somewhat lost at present.
New look to WEBSITE. - mjm
I visit the back room for several reasons.

The content.
The way the content is controlled
The humour.
The sarcasm and wind ups.
It is generally a good humoured, friendly place.

It is refreshing not to have to wade through loads of foul language, text speak and poor language skills to follow a thread.

The site looks "better" to me.

My understanding of the technicalities involved can be written on the back of a postage stamp underneath the New Testament and War and Peace.

The lack of an edit button can be overcome by posting a clarification.

If HJ (M'lord) needs popups, banner ads or whatever the technical terms for them are, then I will live with them for the pleasure of the virtual cameraderie of the backroom.
New look to WEBSITE. - Stuartli
mjm

Most of your comments re content also apply to a well known PC magazine's forum I also visit regularly.

The result? Probably the most successful website of its type in the world and with a six figure membership ...:-)
New look to WEBSITE. - Jonathan {p}

This isn't necessary anymore because you can click on the "new" at the end of the thread title and it automatically takes you to the first new thread, no more search scrolling for them.
New look to WEBSITE. - Big Bird
>>the "New" flag still hasn't been made more prominent.
>>This isn't necessary anymore because you can click on the "new" at the end of the thread title and it automatically takes you to the first new thread, no more search scrolling for them.

Clicking on the new takes you to the thread but not the new post.

Is there a quick and easy way of getting from the top of a thread to the first new - would be especially useful for Cheddar iniated monster threads.

Even better would be a way of moving down to the next new post (after the one I'm already reading if you see what I mean).

Stephen/HJ
So far all the changes look like very welcome progress to me - keep up the good work.

Dan
New look to WEBSITE. - Dalglish

not in my case

you can click on the "new" at the end of the thread title and it automatically takes you to the first new thread, no more search scrolling for them

yes that does work for me. and a really welcome feature it is, too.
New look to WEBSITE. - Big Bird
>>a really welcome feature it is, too

it will be if I can get it to work for me......hmmmm

Dan
Is there a quick and easy way of getting from the top of a thread
to the first new

I've raised this matter with Stephen as it's not working for me either. I have a feeling though that it only works if you view the threads in threaded view and not flat view.
At the moment what I do is press ctrl f (brings up a "find" box) and then search for the word "new". The downside to this is when the subject header also contains that word - as in the case of this thread ;o(

That aside, new posts are a slightly darker colour now, thus making them more easily idetifiable when scrolling down the list with the mouse.
Even better would be a way of moving down to the next new post (after
the one I'm already reading if you see what I mean).

If you change to threaded view, you then get "Next" & "Prev" buttons so that you can do that.

DD.
If you change to threaded view you then get "Next" & "Prev" buttons so that
you can do that.

Ignore that comment, I didn't previously see what you meant. DD.
New look to forum. - Sprice
It only needs a couple of dozen more upgrades & it maybe up with all
of the other forums I use as regards ease of use & appearance. (deleted) this
one is dated!

What, like all those forums with annoying avatars, stupid smiley icons etc etc. Some forums are so hard to read its beyond a joke, this one is refreshingly simple.
New look to website. - Bagpuss
I actually like some of the more "old fashioned" aspects of this forum:
- No mile long signatures.
- No embedded photos to make the posts even longer, especially when people do the "Quote Original Message" thing.
- No irritating emoticons.
- Little use of txt language, innit.
- Little bad language, just look at the way Pistonheads threads (to mention one example) sometimes rapidly deteriorate.
- No Edit button - well, just think about what you want to write.
New look to website. - cheddar
The time-out when creating a post has frustrated me in the past, what is the time limit and has it changed?

This forum needs a repeat of the link(s) at the bottom of each thread, i.e. around about where it says .......

"Forum Version 1.8 - By Khoosys"

.......... there should be a button saying "Discussion" or "Technical matters" or whatever or even a repeat of the drop box on the "The Back Room" page so when you have read each thread you dont have to scroll back to the top.

Also why is there a link to the thread itself at the top of each thread that only serves to refresh the thread, i.e. at the top of this thread there are two links .........

Discussion > New look to website

........ much better to just have "Discussion" though repeat it at the bottom of the thread as well.
New look to website. - tyro
Well said, Bagpuss.

A couple of years ago, Espada III wrote "Our forum software is the best"

(see www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=32414 )

I thought that he was right at the time, and nothing I've seen in the past two years has changed my mind.

Keep up the good work.
New look to website. - Dalglish
Well said, Bagpuss......Keep up the good work.

>>

i disagree with tr7v8 but agree with bagpuss, espada, and tyro. i much prefer this forum than the childish designs of most other forums on the internet.

New look to website. - L'escargot
.......... there should be a button saying "Discussion" or "Technical matters" or whatever or even
a repeat of the drop box on the "The Back Room" page so when you
have read each thread you dont have to scroll back to the top.

I've just been experimenting with the keys on my keyboard and I found that pressing the key that has two horizontal arrows pointing in opposite directions (whatever that key is called!) does it instantly. Problem solved.
--
L\'escargot.
New look to website. - tyro
Hey - it works! (It's the 'tab' key, btw.) Well done L'escargot!
New look to website. - L'escargot
Well done L'escargot!

Aw, shucks. I'm all embarrassed now.
--
L\'escargot.
New look to website. - Clk Sec
I strive to learn something new each day. Well done, L'escargot.

Clk Sec
New look to website. - Dalglish
.. i.e. at the top of this thread there are two links .........

well i use that to open another window of the thread midway through replying if i find i want to quote from more than one post - an earlier or later post - in my reply.
New look to website. - Dynamic Dave
so when you have read each thread you dont have to scroll back to the top.

Pressing the "Home" button on your keyboard will take you back to the top of the thread.
>>well i use that to open another window of the thread midway through replying if i find i want to quote from more than one post - an earlier or later post - in my reply.>>

I do sometimes so, yes, it would be a shame to lose it.

Pressing the "Home" button on your keyboard will take you back to the top of
the thread.

True and L'escargot's suggestion of use Tab which is the Back function in the browser works in most instances, nevertheless having the ability to navigate to elsewhere in the forum from the bottom of a thread would be good.
>>and L'escargot's suggestion of use Tab which is the Back function in the browser
works in most instances

Once instance where it does not work is if you have just posted, Tab takes you back to the "Your reply to this message" window.
New look to website. - PhilW
Hey, new arrows!! Good!
But the "new" on the list of threads has gone black and not very noticeable
--
Phil
New look to website. - bell boy
But the "new" on the list of threads has gone black
>
>>>>
>>>>>>>>thought i had operised mine and just spent 5 minutes looking for a button to get them back :-(
New look to website. - PoloGirl
Yep, loving the arrows, not loving the black New. I don't want to have to look too hard to see which threads I need to read.
New look to website. - PhilW
That was quik - "new " gone back to red - thanks!!
--
Phil
New look to website. - Pugugly {P}
Nice bit of customer focused evolution.....
New look to website. - Stephen
That was quik - "new " gone back to red - thanks!!

... just a matter of getting the CSS for link over New style in quick enough. Clearly you all have no life and see the changes before I get there! ;-)

Did anyone spot clicking on Thread->new - It wasn't a link before - hence why it went black.

Stephen Khoo
www.khoosys.net
Hey, I have always admired the Red Arrows!

Looking good!
Strange now, new posts looking like the colour of a half sucked Victory V !
That's not a bad thing !