Tidal flow roads - L'escargot
In Lincoln there is a stretch of three-lane single carriageway road that is designated as "tidal flow". The direction of travel on the centre lane is varied according to need, i.e. according to which direction is carrying the most traffic. Control is via overhead signals. Are there any other similar stretches of road in this country?
--
L'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Tidal flow roads - patently

Aston Expressway in Birmingham.

7 lanes or so. No barrier. One lane is left as a no-mans land. Lanes either side of it are for suicidal maniacs only.
Tidal flow roads - Mapmaker
There was a stretch into Manchester on the south side of the City - no doubt somebody can enlighten me as to exactly where. But the last time I was there they had taken off the tidal flow option - I always thought it looked fairly dangerous.
Tidal flow roads - Robin Reliant
The fly-over on the A13 at East Ham was tidal flow when it first opened about 25 years ago. Arrows or crosses on the overhead gantrys dictated which traffic direction could use it at any time. The experiment did not last very long, I think it was abandoned after some rather interesting situations arose.
Tidal flow roads - BrianW
The Army & Navy roundabout at Chelmsford has a tidal flow: into town in the morning and out from about 3pm.
Been there from time immemorable.
I've only once met someone on the top.
Tidal flow roads - billy25
there are a few in this area that disappear under water twice a day! always best to check tide times before venturing forth.
Tidal flow roads - PoloGirl
A4 into Reading has a tiny stretch of this that isn't particularly well designated and has caught some people unaware.

Aston Expressway is a joke - those blacked out 4x4 BMWs with the enormous spinning alloys just drive up and down them whichever way they want to go at the time.

Tidal flow roads - BazzaBear {P}
Lol.
Billy, I think you might have got hold of the wrnong end of the stick here... ;)
Tidal flow roads - Welliesorter
Briefly discussed at www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=21923
Tidal flow roads - L'escargot
Briefly discussed at www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=21923

Oh, bollards! I should have done a forum check first.
--
L'escargot by name, but not by nature.