Vauxhall Zafira - Faulty tail and brake light on a Zafira B - chorleyboy

Just noticed that my brake light, fog light and tail light aren't working on the passenger side of my 57 plate Zafira 1.6 Life. However, the indictator and reversing light are fine.

I can't see how 3 bulbs have blown at once so suspect it may be a fuse. I have the Haynes manual for the car but it doesn't say which fuse covers the lights.

Can anybody point me in the direction of a fuse box layout for my car or let me know if they have had a similar problem and how to sort it?

Vauxhall Zafira - Faulty tail and brake light on a Zafira B - Dynamic Dave

Rear fog light only works on the drivers side of the car. Legally you only require one working fog light, either in the centre (as in Pug 206's) or RHS of the car, as in your case. See www.motuk.co.uk/manual_130.htm for more info.

If the tail / brake light set up is the same as my Vectra then you have 2 tail lights on each side of the car, and one of those bulbs is also the braking light (these are single filament bulbs which run at a reduced voltage for the tail light, then an increased voltage when needed for brake lights - clever canbus network stuff).

Should the original tail / brake light fail, then the other tail light takes over the role of tail / brake light. Guessing that the main tail / brake light failed some time ago and you didn't notice because the other tail light was still working and also acting as the brake light.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 27/04/2011 at 10:47

See www.motuk.co.uk/manual_130.htm for more info.

I see the bugs still haven't been fixed.

If the tail / brake light set up is the same as my Vectra then you have 2 tail lights on each side of the car

Correction, it isn't. Just checked the handbook via Vauxhall's website. One tail / brake light. As stated earlier though, 99.9% sure it's a single filament bulb running at 2 different voltages for tail & braking lights.

In short, only one bulb has blown, a 21W, 12V bulb; not 3 bulbs.

Vauxhall Zafira - Faulty tail and brake light on a Zafira B - chorleyboy

Spot on Dave. Many thanks for the quick reply. After a quick trip to Halfords i'm back up and running now.

Vauxhall Zafira - Faulty tail and brake light on a Zafira B - Victorbox

As long as you didn't believe Halfords in-store bulb reference book which tells you it's a twin filament bulb like older Vauxhalls whereas it's really a single element bulb which operates at two levels of brightness to give you tail and brake lights. Hence you lose both tail and brake when it blows!

Vauxhall Zafira - Faulty tail and brake light on a Zafira B - andycowland
Hi there. I have a similar problem but I have already change the bulb and it is still faulty I have even switched the bulds to the other side and I can confirm that the bulbs are working correctly. But no matter what I do the passenger side rear & brake lights are still not working.

Does any one have an idea what the problem could be?

Many thanks

Andy
Vauxhall Zafira - Faulty tail and brake light on a Zafira B - jord

hello.

I also have this problem. passenger rear and brake light out but bulbs are working fine if i swap them with the reverse light.

What can be causing this? connections seem fine could it be a fuse?

thanks