05 2.3 Auto electric windows stopped working - EvilGav
After a recent flat battery incident (by me being a dolt and leaving an interior light on), the auto part of the electric windows has stopped working. The windows themselves still work fine, but the second stage of the switch that would normally take the window right down or up no longer does anything.

Is this an ECU reset by a dealer or something I can quickly sort myself ?

Edited by Pugugly on 04/01/2009 at 14:46

05 2.3 Auto electric windows stopped working - Armitage Shanks {p}
When the windows did work properly did they have a function whereby, when you locked the car but had left windows open, they shut while you held the remote 'Lock' button pressed? If they had that function is that still working? Just another area of investigation. It seems you have lost the 'one shot' function that moves the windows with a blip of the switch rather than having to hold it - yes?
Not sure about closing windows when using central locking, never tried.

Yes, i've lost the ability to lower and raise windows in "one shot".
05 2.3 Auto electric windows stopped working - vulcan7
Hi
Expect it's like my 06 in which case.

Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.

Press the switch and fully open the window.

Pull up the switch to fully close the window and continue holding the switch for about 2 seconds after the window is fully closed.

I did it on each door individually worked a treat.

05 2.3 Auto electric windows stopped working - unfazed
Apparently you the controll unit must "relearn" the window settings

This is a quote from the workshop manual

Note
? A driver side window will not fully close automatically under following the conditions:
? The battery has been disconnected during vehicle maintenance or for other reasons.
? The power window main switch connector, or driver-side power window motor connector has been
disconnected.
? Carry out the following procedure to resume operation:
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Press the driver side power window main switch and fully open the driver side window.
3. Pull up the driver side power window main switch to manual-up position to fully close the driver side window,
and keep holding the switch up at the position for about 2 seconds to complete initial setting.

TWO-STEP DOWN FUNCTION OPERATIVE/NON-OPERATIVE SWITCHING PROCEDURE

Note
? By following the procedure below, the two-step down function is switched to non-operative when it is
operative, and to operative when it is non-operative.

Turn the Ignition on
Within 5 sec
perform the auto open two times
perform the auto close two times

turn the ignition off and within 40 seconds and repeat the above sequence.

Repeat for all the windows.

Worked a treat, thanks very much.
05 2.3 Auto electric windows stopped working - Armitage Shanks {p}
What a result! That's really complicated - well done unfazed.
05 2.3 Auto electric windows stopped working - Clk Sec
I've copied that for future reference. Thanks, unfazed.

Clk Sec
05 2.3 Auto electric windows stopped working - hellopaul
I've got a Mazda 3 which I recently shipped from Cyprus to UK - the battery was dead after its two month(!!!!) voyage, and I had the same window problems, including the inability to control the other three windows from the driver's panel. I wondered if it would mean a trip to a dealer + £££, but when I found your suggestion, I did the 2-second trick on all windows, and hey presto! All problems solved!

Thank you so much!
05 2.3 Auto electric windows stopped working - Redminster
Hi all,

I've got a similar problem with my 55 reg 2.3 Sport.

I also managed to flatten my battery by leaving the lights on and ever since only the driver's electric window works from the driver's switch panel (i.e. none of the other windows can be controlled from that panel, but they work from each of the individual switches on the doors).

I assume this is the same problem as above and if I perform the procedure as detailed by you helpful people and "reset" each window by using the switches on each door, the driver's unit will function fully again?

Cheers in advance.

05 2.3 Auto electric windows stopped working - leech
I have a Mazda 6 2007 diesel,

I disconnected my battery to fit a new radio and when I reconnected the battery, to my disappointment all the windows except the driver?s one could not be controlled by the driver?s side buttons.

I was quite worried as I have just bought the car and thought, oh no, I?ve wrecked something.

Anyway I tried the above and I could not believe it, the windows all stated working and could once again be controlled from the driver?s side!!

Just a point to note, when you hold the respective buttons down for 2 seconds you will hear a ?click click? which will tell you that the action has registered.

I am a very happy bunny!!!!

Thank you all !!!!!

Leech
05 2.3 Auto electric windows stopped working - tonynw
i have an 05 1.6 petrol mazda 3 5door and the drivers door one shot dosnt work but the front pass side works ok i have tried what has been sugested and drivers side still dosnt want to work on the auto open or close.

tonynw

Edited by tonynw on 20/11/2009 at 22:06