Astra Elite CDTi S/S 5 Door Diesel - Replacement Third Party DPF for Vauxhall Astra - Richard_R

I currently own a 2013 Astra Elite CDTi S/S 5 Door Diesel which is having issues with the Diesel Particle Filter (DPF). I've had it cleaned a couple of times and this seems to help for about 4-5 months but then it has issues again (even though I'm driving it on the motorway a fair bit).

I need it to last another 1-2 years until I can afford a better car so was considering getting a new DPF. If I go for the official Vauxhall one however it will cost a fortune. I've heard you can get third party ones that are a lot cheaper (but I assume are just as good or at least close?). Does anyone know where I'd get a good third party DPF in the UK for a decent price? I know someone who can fit it for me at "mates rates", I just need to get the unit.

Thanks!

Edited by Richard_R on 09/04/2024 at 14:18

Astra Elite CDTi S/S 5 Door Diesel - Replacement Third Party DPF for Vauxhall Astra - mcb100
Have you got an independent tyre & exhaust place near you?
I’d imagine they’d be able to do the entire job at considerably less than dealer prices.
Astra Elite CDTi S/S 5 Door Diesel - Replacement Third Party DPF for Vauxhall Astra - pd

Are you 100% sure it is the DPF? DPF issues are often the symptom of another fault rather than the primary cause.

Have you checked for any boost leaks, dpf sensor pipes, dpf differential sensor, dpf temperature sensor etc?

I also can vaguely recall there was an issue with coolant sensors on Vauxhalls around that age which causes dpf issues.

Edited by pd on 09/04/2024 at 15:31

Astra Elite CDTi S/S 5 Door Diesel - Replacement Third Party DPF for Vauxhall Astra - Richard_R

The DPF temperature sensor was diagnosed about a year ago as being faulty and it was replaced. Other than that, any diagnostics I've had run on it come back okay. But yeh it could be something else causing the DPF to fail.

Astra Elite CDTi S/S 5 Door Diesel - Replacement Third Party DPF for Vauxhall Astra - Gibbo_Wirral

On Peugeots I recommend CATS2U for cheap DPFs.

Astra Elite CDTi S/S 5 Door Diesel - Replacement Third Party DPF for Vauxhall Astra - ElHombre

8f you haven't had it investigated properly and the ECU advised that a "new" DPF has been fitted, my best advice would be to buy OpCom (Opel and Vauxhall diagnostic KIT) and join Vauxhall Owners Network.

I thought I had problems with a DPF. With assistance from the group and the diagnostic kit I was able to sort it out for a fraction of the price of a new one.

Astra Elite CDTi S/S 5 Door Diesel - Replacement Third Party DPF for Vauxhall Astra - Dave N
It could be the built in mileage limit, just like PSA vehicles have, where at 120K it tellls you it needs replacing, whether it does or not. It can be reset though.