Ford Mustang - 30 mph traffic light camera - Mr Carl Hough

Hi All,

After some advice. My local road (A38) Mansfield has an average speed limit of 50 mph with average speed cameras. One of the sets of lights along this stretch used to have a red light camera (been there for years) now it seem they have swapped it out for a 30 mph speed camera. The stretch of road is less than 200 yds from where the 'New' 30 MPH sign has gone up until the lights. After the lights is back into 50mph average. So my question is: Is it legal to have 2 speed restrictions along the same stretch of road. This seems to be a money generation scheme rather than a safety one?

Ford Mustang - 30 mph traffic light camera - Middleman

Perfectly lawful. I have a road near me which is subject to a 40mph limit, but has a stretch of about 400-500 yards where the limit is reduced to 30mph, due to a dodgy junction. Local Authority issued a Traffic Restriction Order to make the limit.

I can think of quite a few locations where a higher speed limit is reduced in the vicinity of junctions, crossroads etc.

Ford Mustang - 30 mph traffic light camera - alan1302

Hi All,

After some advice. My local road (A38) Mansfield has an average speed limit of 50 mph with average speed cameras. One of the sets of lights along this stretch used to have a red light camera (been there for years) now it seem they have swapped it out for a 30 mph speed camera. The stretch of road is less than 200 yds from where the 'New' 30 MPH sign has gone up until the lights. After the lights is back into 50mph average. So my question is: Is it legal to have 2 speed restrictions along the same stretch of road. This seems to be a money generation scheme rather than a safety one?

Seems more likely they are wanting people to slow down for the traffic lights/junction which I assume had had some incidents in the past.

Only time they make money is when people ignore the speed limits...if you don't so that then there won't be any money to give.