Dacia Sandero - Suspension query - Carrot

Why is the ride so harsh on the 2019 Sandero and can anything be done to improve it? Driving on cobble stones feels like the dashboard is going to shake loose.

Dacia Sandero - Suspension query - skidpan

Why is the ride so harsh on the 2019 Sandero and can anything be done to improve it? Driving on cobble stones feels like the dashboard is going to shake loose.

What size and age are the tyres?

Dacia Sandero - Suspension query - RT

What size and age are the tyres?

Some tyres don't need to be old to become harsh - 3 years ago I bought a set of Vredestein Quatrac Pro with the intention of changing them at 3mm - but once they got below 4mm they seemed to become noisy and harsh, as if the compound had hardened up - I have now replaced them, like-for-like, as they suit my needs in all other ways but I've budgeted to change them at 4mm.

The suspension has always been harsh. A friend has the Logan and the Stepway and reports the same thing, so it's more a question of the design of the suspension. It's fine on motorways but tiresome around town.

Edited by Carrot on 17/03/2024 at 19:13

Ecowing ES01, 185/65 R15 88H. 5 years old with 18,000 on the clock.

Dacia Sandero - Suspension query - Steve Matthew

The 2019 Sandero's harsh ride on cobblestones may be due to its suspension setup. Consider upgrading to softer shocks or adding additional insulation to improve comfort.

Thank you. I'll check if it counts as a modification with my insurance company first.

Dacia Sandero - Suspension query - focussed

"Another issue that affected some Sanderos was related to the suspension. Some owners reported that the car's suspension components, including the shock absorbers and struts, would wear down quickly, resulting in a rough ride and reduced handling performance."

www.cars-directory.net/problem-solving/dacia/sande...l