Renault Clio - Creaking noise when steering to park or drive out - New owner
I have a new Renault Clio automatic. My driveway has a bit of slope as the street is sloping down. I have observed that when I take a hard left and then hard right in reverse gear while manoeuvring to park in the bay I hear a creaking or clunking kind of sound as if a metal to metal contact under pressure. Same goes when I do the opposite of that to take out the car from the driveway. The car comes with hill start assist, electronic hand brake and autohold as it is an automatic. Just wondering if the sound is normal as there is always some sort of braking action compounding with so much steering. I don't hear it when steering left or right on normal speeds. Anyone experienced similar?
Renault Clio - Creaking noise when steering to park or drive out - focussed

My 2021 Dacia Duster makes a similar noise when using the hill hold function.

The Duster is built on the Clio floorpan and uses common parts parts from the Clio.

IE - Using the footbrake to hold the car on a hill preparing to move off, there is a 2 second delay when the footbrake remains applied to allow your right foot to get onto the throttle from the brake, this is a manual gearbox. You are actually moving off with the rear brakes applied, that causes the noise.before the car senses that the wheels are turning and releases the brake.

Easier and less annoying to use the usual manual handbrake hill start procedure IMHO.

But you can't as yours is an auto with an electric handbrake!

Renault Clio - Creaking noise when steering to park or drive out - Adampr

Can you switch the auto hold off? I used to have a golf that did this and it drove me completely mad. Any 3 point turn took an age.

Renault Clio - Creaking noise when steering to park or drive out - New owner
Tried with autohold off. Still hear it especially more on a cold morning.
Renault Clio - Creaking noise when steering to park or drive out - madf

" I have observed that when I take a hard left and then hard right in reverse gear while manoeuvring to park in the bay I hear a creaking or clunking kind of sound as if a metal to metal contact under pressure"

That puts immense pressure on the steering rack and its holding bushes. I suggest you try spraying the rack bushes with WD40 (or some more expensive rubber lubricant) and see what happens.

Or alternatively the body shell is twisting slightly and some seat clamp is moving slightly in its locking mechanism

(No : WD40 does not harm rubber.)

I had that on my Honda Jazz: it turned out the rear magic seat was squeaking where the metal hoop from the seat engaged with the seat retaining clamp. I wrapped a short length of gaffer tape round the metal hoop - noise gone.