Audi A1 Diesel Audi A3 Diesel - Which car buying Guide least reliable cars - Steveieb

Surprised to see that Audi now have sunk to the bottom of the reliability list apart from Alfa Romeo , ousting Land Rover for the first time.

They also hold the title of the least reliable used cars for the

Audi A3 (2012 - 20 ) Diesel versions

Audi A1 (2010 - 18 ) Diesel versions

Would the common feature be the 1.6 TDi engine ?

Audi A1 Diesel Audi A3 Diesel - Which car buying Guide least reliable cars - Adampr

According to whom? A lot of these things are based on the cost of warranty claims, so reflect the costs or repairs rather than the frequency or severity. If there is a common factor, like the engine, VW, Skoda and Seat should all be very close neighbours towards the bottom.of the table. Is that the case?

Audi A1 Diesel Audi A3 Diesel - Which car buying Guide least reliable cars - mcb100
I also strongly suspect it can be down to how folk perceive a brand’s reputation vs their experience.
If I’d just paid £60,000 for something, I’d potentially class a small, niggly issue as unreliability. Whereas the same issue on a £13,600 KIA Picanto could be excused.
Audi A1 Diesel Audi A3 Diesel - Which car buying Guide least reliable cars - Adampr

Sorry, just seen it's Which.

Audi A1 Diesel Audi A3 Diesel - Which car buying Guide least reliable cars - Steveieb

Really surprised how well Dacia did in the review matching the usual leaders Toyota and Honda in the 0-4 years old group.

Another diesel car the BMW 2 series propped up the bottom of the reliability table of used cars along with the Audi A3 Diesel and A1 Diesel.

Audi A1 Diesel Audi A3 Diesel - Which car buying Guide least reliable cars - badbusdriver

Surprised to see that Audi now have sunk to the bottom of the reliability list apart from Alfa Romeo , ousting Land Rover for the first time.

They also hold the title of the least reliable used cars for the

Audi A3 (2012 - 20 ) Diesel versions

Audi A1 (2010 - 18 ) Diesel versions

Would the common feature be the 1.6 TDi engine ?

I was looking through the 2023 What Car reliability survey not too long ago for another thread and the least reliable "family SUV" according to them is the diesel version of the Skoda Karoq.

Really surprised how well Dacia did in the review matching the usual leaders Toyota and Honda in the 0-4 years old group.

Another diesel car the BMW 2 series propped up the bottom of the reliability table of used cars along with the Audi A3 Diesel and A1 Diesel.

Dacias haven't got a great deal to go wrong and they're cheap so buyers are probably more forgiving.

I haven't read the Which survey as I don't have a subscription (I'm aware that John Lewis is a good shop, Aldi is cheap and Miele make good washing machines). My understanding from other surveys is that the growing VAG reputation for poor reliability comes from the flashy but unstable infotainment. Is that what Which reckon too?

Most faults seem to be related to the diesel versions of Audis but newer Audi cars were a mix of petrol and diesel.

Least reliable new cars also include the diesel BMW 1 series and Alpine A110

Most faults seem to be related to the diesel versions of Audis but newer Audi cars were a mix of petrol and diesel.

Least reliable new cars also include the diesel BMW 1 series and Alpine A110

My dad's got an A110 - I'll ask him about it. I get the impression he has no issues with it, but he does say it's expensive to run. Given he doesn't drive it very often, maybe that's repairs...

Audi A1 Diesel Audi A3 Diesel - Which car buying Guide least reliable cars - FiestaOwner

I don't take much notice of these sort of surveys. I found another survey which finds the Audi is the 2nd most reliable make of company car (don't particularly believe either survey).

www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/2023-s-most-reliable-comp...d

Contradicting surveys reminds me of this clip from "Yes, Prime Minister":

youtu.be/ahgjEjJkZks?si=gzdBgt08MFKnrFnc&t=28

Audi A1 Diesel Audi A3 Diesel - Which car buying Guide least reliable cars - DavidGlos
Another thing that’s often a nonsense with these surveys is where the same engine is claimed to be reliable in one car and unreliable in another that is essentially the same, but wearing a posh frock.

I’m making the following up, but a VW Golf petrol being very reliable, whilst an Audi A3 petrol is unreliable and the variance in reliability being attributed to the engine, rather than electrics, suspension etc.

Interesting discrepancy between the Fleet news surveys and Which, who use data from 50,000 owners rather than fleet managers whose main interest is the bottom line?