Tyres - Online Tyre Possible Scam? (Targo Tyres) - Brill {P}

Hello Backroomers, I'm not sure if it's been covered (nothng in the search), but be warned that Targo Tyres (targo-tyres.co.uk) might appear to be a scam. I ordered four tyres in early December, nothing arrived. Despite many emails I've heard nothing. The phone number (of course) is unobtainable. Do let me kow if you'e had dealings with this company in the past. The website is one of the best, most comprehensive sites I've seen (for tyres), so I assume they were (or are) a legitimate company whose website has been taken over?

Interested to hear from anyone with info on them. My credit card company are being less than sympathetic as I made the transaction willingly online, they are more likely to refund if the transaction was made by fraudulently obtaining my card detail, which isn't the case.

Cheers.

Edited by Xileno on 02/01/2024 at 20:29

Tyres - Online Tyre Possible Scam? (Targo Tyres) - leaseman

Targo Tyres Limited was incorporated in November 2022 in Edgeware, but has changed its Registered Office address 5 times since then, which is highly unusual.

There is only one Director

Contact your Credit Card issuer again and state that you wish to make a Section 75 claim against them.

Let us know how you get on.

Tyres - Online Tyre Possible Scam? (Targo Tyres) - De Sisti

My credit card company are being less than sympathetic as I made the transaction willingly online,,,,,,,

Unusual?

Tyres - Online Tyre Possible Scam? (Targo Tyres) - Orb>>

section 75, goods not delivered/..............

Edited by Xileno on 02/01/2024 at 20:30

Tyres - Online Tyre Possible Scam? (Targo Tyres) - Xileno

Changed subject headers until we get more feedback about it definitely being a scam. There's very little feedback either good or bad.

Oddly the website displays two phone numbers: one in the Contacts section and a different one in Shipping. Have you tried both?

+44 20 3808 1527

+44 74 5345 4810

Yes I've tried both contact numbers, neither is a legitimate number, they do not connect.

Edited by Brill {P} on 03/01/2024 at 13:43

Thanks, I am currently in negotiation with the credit card people. I had a assumed a greater degree of protection (rather than a debit card), and they may well sort a refund. I've had to fill in a request form and I'll report back on the outcome. Their inital argument was that I made the purchase, rather than my card detsils being stolen, and they 'might' consider my case. (£583).

Thanks, I am currently in negotiation with the credit card people. I had a assumed a greater degree of protection (rather than a debit card), and they may well sort a refund. I've had to fill in a request form and I'll report back on the outcome. Their inital argument was that I made the purchase, rather than my card detsils being stolen, and they 'might' consider my case. (£583).

It was probably that you were speaking to their Fraud Department initially, and now, hopefully mentioning Section 75, you are speaking to the correct Department.

Tyres - Online Tyre Possible Scam? (Targo Tyres) - Gealbhan

Hello

I placed an order for tyres from Targo Tyres on 17/12/23. Web site looked very legit and I received confirmation of my order. I had given them the benefit of the doubt given my order was just before Xmas.... but reading this is concerning.

Have tried phone numbers and sent numerous emails to no avail.

I paid by debit card, does a " section 75 " also apply? Or am I looking at a total loss...? :/

Any help/advise appreciated. Thanks

Edited by Gealbhan on 05/01/2024 at 23:29

Tyres - Online Tyre Possible Scam? (Targo Tyres) - Orb>>

Hello

I placed an order for tyres from Targo Tyres on 17/12/23. Web site looked very legit and I received confirmation of my order. I had given them the benefit of the doubt given my order was just before Xmas.... but reading this is concerning.

Have tried phone numbers and sent numerous emails to no avail.

I paid by debit card, does a " section 75 " also apply? Or am I looking at a total loss...? :/

Any help/advise appreciated. Thanks

That would be a chargeback. Get in touch with your bank.

Here's the latest from my credit card:

About your dispute
We just wanted to let you know that we're temporarily refunding the payment(s) that was made to TARGO TYRES for the amount of £582.76 while we investigate further. This will show as a credit on your next statement.

Safe to say there is no doubt this is a fraudulent seller, no working phone numbers, no email responses. Please avoid. I'll post if anything changes. But I do wonder what ever happened to the real Targo Tyres!

Thank you for keeping us informed OP.

There are suspicions on t'internet that share your view. Please continue the feedback as things develop, and trust that we were of assistance.

Tyres - Online Tyre Possible Scam? (Targo Tyres) - Gealbhan

Ref' Targo Tyres

I spoke with the fraud dept' at my bank (Lloyd's) and my account has been refunded by bank.

** My gut feeling is not that it's a scam but something cataclysmic has occurred either to the business or family.

Edited by Gealbhan on 12/01/2024 at 19:22