Peugeot 2008 - Various Issues - 2015 Peugeot 2008 - Glenn Parsons

Hello all,

I am looking for some advice please.

My 2015 Peugeot 2008 1.6 Blue Hdi has an Amber EML, along with the service light and Urea light. It has had a diagnostic scan, and had the following codes.

U029D 87 - Communication fault with the deNOx system - - no communication

P2200 87 - Component detected not communicating on the emission control network

P02CF 00 - Combustion (cylinder 2) - - Fuel quality injection correction insufficient

P2A00 - NOx sensor - - Richness measurement faulty.

My current powers of deduction, and masterful Google skills tell me that injector number 2 needs replacing (viewed flow rates on diag, other 3 performing as expected, number 2 is low), and that the NOx sensor needs replacing?

In addition to this, today, I have had an on screen message display stating "Refill emissions additive".

Some history to the car, which may help... in the last 18 months, both the adblue tank, and the EOLYS tank have been replaced, however, the fluid in the EOLYS tank was never replenished, just refilled from the fluid in the old tank. I have also filled the adblue tank, so I know that is now full.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated please!

Peugeot 2008 - Various Issues - 2015 Peugeot 2008 - elekie&a/c doctor
Sadly one of the pitfalls of owning a modern Diesel engine car , is the unreliable emission system. Probably needs a nox sensor and a software update to start with , followed by more in depth investigation.
Peugeot 2008 - Various Issues - 2015 Peugeot 2008 - Gibbo_Wirral

in the last 18 months, both the adblue tank, and the EOLYS tank have been replaced, however, the fluid in the EOLYS tank was never replenished, just refilled from the fluid in the old tank. I have also filled the adblue tank, so I know that is now full.

Were the counters reset with DIAGBOX?

Peugeot 2008 - Various Issues - 2015 Peugeot 2008 - Glenn Parsons

So, a little update!

It's been in and had the injector replaced, the eolys fluid replenished, however, still have an issue with the NOx sensor... new sensor fitted didn't clear the issue so it looks to be electrical, as the sensor isn't communicating... because of this is have the EML on still, and the urea and service light are back on ?? off to Peugeot by the looks of it!

Peugeot 2008 - Various Issues - 2015 Peugeot 2008 - elekie&a/c doctor
Was this a genuine part nox sensor fitted?
Peugeot 2008 - Various Issues - 2015 Peugeot 2008 - Gibbo_Wirral

So, a little update!

It's been in and had the injector replaced, the eolys fluid replenished,

Again - were the counters reset with DIAGBOX?