V5 - colynn

Hi everyone.

I have been waiting for a V5 for a car I have purchased.

It has now been 5 weeks.

Anyone know how long DVLA are taking to issue a new V5??

thanks

V5 - Falkirk Bairn

5 days for new V5 when I took off my number plate off the old car

5 days for the V5 for my "new to me car"

Son

4 days for his V5 last week

V5 - badbusdriver

I don't know what the average time is.

But when I bought a vehicle back in June, the new V5 arrived very quickly, think it was within a week.

Also, I sold my van 15 days ago and did the change of ownership online. The new owner asked me to let him know when/that I'd done it. Can't say for certain, but I am fairly sure that if he hadn't received it by now he'd have been back in touch.

V5 - Bromptonaut

Whenever I've changed cars in the last 10+ years the V5 has been back inside a week. Don't know if that's changed post pandemic but anecdotally it has not. Things that have gummed up are those requiring a lot of human intervention.

You need to check it. My Son's went adrift because the garage put the wrong door number in when doing their bit and it went to Flat 4 in a block further down the road.

Only came to light after a Speed Camera office when the Cops tracked him down.

V5 - bathtub tom

Isn't the process started when the vendor sends off the relevant part of the old V5? Have they done that?

V5 - Andrew-T

Isn't the process started when the vendor sends off the relevant part of the old V5? Have they done that?

We haven't been told whether or not this is a NEW car, bought from a trader or privately ?

V5 - colynn

thnaks for all the replies.

Purchased from a garage.

I received a cheque for the old car car tax within 1 week, but then 2 weeks later the confirmation fron DVLA that I was no longer the owner.

I will see if I can chase them

thanks