Skoda Scala 1.0 SE - swansea_karl

Anyone drive a Scala 1.0SE? What are they like on the motorway?
I only had mine yesterday from a Skoda dealer in Swansea and when i was driving to Cardiff there was quite a bit of vibration, mainly the steering wheel and drivers seat.

Skoda Scala 1.0 SE - skidpan

Our Fabia 1.0 SE-L 110 (same car but a bit shorter) drives everywhere with no vibration whatsoever. Get into the wifes uncles Suzuki Celerio (also a 1 litre 3 cylinder but no turbo) and speeds above 50 mph you cannot see through the rear view mirror.

You need to drive another car to see if you can feel any difference.

As you might have read we had a Scala 1.5 SE-L DSG for about 40 miles in late August and compared to the Fabia it was more refined but I expected that with the larger TSi engine having owned 3 cars fitted with it, would have been very disappointed if there had been no difference.

Skoda Scala 1.0 SE - FiestaOwner

Anyone drive a Scala 1.0SE? What are they like on the motorway?
I only had mine yesterday from a Skoda dealer in Swansea and when i was driving to Cardiff there was quite a bit of vibration, mainly the steering wheel and drivers seat.

Honestly wouldn't expect that at all.

In a very recent thread, someone else had posted about ride comfort and noise (might have been about a BMW). His issue turned to be grossly over inflated tyres.

Check your tyre pressures. Pressures on my Ibiza are on the "B" pillar when you open the passenger door. The sticker on my car quotes 3 sets of pressures (Comfort (lowest), Eco (higher) & Fully Loaded (highest)). Although I run mine on the Eco pressures, I would initially try yours on the comfort pressures.

If it's not tyre pressure, it could be: wheel balancing, buckled wheel or a bulge in a tyre.