Mercedes Estate - Dodgy Solicitors? - le1ont

I have received a seven page communication from a firm of solicitors who would have me believe that the insurers of my car involved in a collision over two years ago are now asking me, a private individual, to claim on their behalf for the £7000 costs they paid out,. They want me to be responsible for payment of their legal fees and any award of costs which might be made should the claim fail, which it surely would for lack of independent witnesses

I have had no such request direct from the insurance company, and even if I had would obviously have refused.

This beggar`s belief! There is no reason for me to make a claim my insurers` behalf and underwrite the legal costs associated with it.

Is it proper that this proposal should have been made at all by an established firm of solicitors, or is it a scam?

Mercedes Estate - Dodgy Solicitors? - Brit_in_Germany

Are you sure you have understood the letter correctly? Could it be that your insurers are wanting to sue the other side to get their costs back and for this need you to be the name on the court docs. as plaintiff?