Ford Focus 2010 estate MK2.5 - Rainwater in footwell - BenRM

After prolonged rain, gets into the passenger front footwell. I can see drips on the bodywork under the area with fusebox in the passenger footwell. A hose for 20 minutes for example doesn't cause a leak so I'm struggling to find where it's getting in. I've fixed the boot hinges leak previously so don't think it's that. Has anyone any ideas where it might be getting in? Thanks.

Edited by BenRM on 11/07/2020 at 18:21

Ford Focus 2010 estate MK2.5 - Rainwater in footwell - elekie&a/c doctor
Are you sure it’s rainwater? Any colour to it ? Maybe the water is entering from underneath or a front body seam ? Try spraying in the wheel arch area .
Ford Focus 2010 estate MK2.5 - Rainwater in footwell - catsdad

The usual suspects are seams (as per elekie’s advice), blocked windscreen scuttle drains, sunroof drains, door membranes (but this doesn’t’ fit your description), heater matrix or poorly fitted pollen filter.

It would also be worth looking on Focus-specific sites to see what are the likely causes.

Ford Focus 2010 estate MK2.5 - Rainwater in footwell - Oli rag
As previously mentioned, I think a badly fitted pollen filter is the favourite.
Ford Focus 2010 estate MK2.5 - Rainwater in footwell - elekie&a/c doctor
Pollen filter is inside the car on these , so can’t see this being the problem.
Ford Focus 2010 estate MK2.5 - Rainwater in footwell - BenRM

It's definitely rainwater as it only happens when it rains, and only for a prolonged period, which suggests a build up somewhere and then over-topping to leaking. I've had the hose on it for 30 minutes and no water leaks in. I had it on the roof above the passenger seat. The pollen filter is inside, unlike the mark 1's where I've seen the fix for the leak from there.