outlander - recall - John Bishop

nice liitle scam

I am told my car could be unsafe so book in with the mitsubishi dealer who needs the car all day to effect repair

am offered a courtesy car but have to pay £35 insurance!!

and mitsubishi refuse to pay it

something seems wrong here

outlander - recall - skidpan

nice liitle scam

I am told my car could be unsafe so book in with the mitsubishi dealer who needs the car all day to effect repair

am offered a courtesy car but have to pay £35 insurance!!

and mitsubishi refuse to pay it

something seems wrong here

Look at your insurance T & C's. Just about all comprehensive policies include courtesy car insurance for 7 days as standard. All you need to do is show them the paperwork for their records and there should be nothing to pay.

They are hoping the ignorant amongst us don't know this and simply hand over the cash.

outlander - recall - focussed

It sounds like Mitsubishi Uk AKA The Colt Car Company Limited will only pay their dealer a derisory warranty labour rate and the dealer is trying to obtain some recompense from the unfortunate customer.

Having dealt with them in the past their fists are quite tight.

outlander - recall - Manatee

Look to the dealer, not Mitsubishi.

The dealer I use (Firs Garage in Chipping Norton) is happy to provide a courtesy car. They always point out that their excess is very high (£700 rings a bell) and offer to insure the excess for about £7, which is optional. As my insurance covers me for loan cars, I decline.

outlander - recall - RT

£10 is a more normal rate for the insurance - but in the case of my previous Hyundai and my present VW, not charged for warranty work - only servicing.

As posted, check your insurance policy as it may cover it anyway.