Crit'air stickers france - Scam sites - oldroverboy.

Be very careful if you go to get a crit-air sticker, like the british gov sites, there are some convincing copies, one of which charges 29.75 euros.. (for 4.8 euro sticker..)

One in bristol.. 45 euros...

Edited by oldroverboy. on 18/02/2018 at 16:21

Crit'air stickers france - Scam sites - focussed

I ordered one last week and did find the scam site by accident but knew it was dodgy because of the silly price.

The correct French government site is www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/demande

Crit'air stickers france - Scam sites - FP

Unfortunately for some, the best way to obtain your sticker is through the official French government website www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/

You will need to be able to manage in French.

On the page referenced above, scroll down to "Commander son certificat qualité de l'air en ligne" (order your air-quality certificate online). Click on the panel immediately below.

On the page that follows, click on "Demander con certificat" (request your certificate).

On the next page, click on "Votre véhicule est immatriculé dans un autre pays" (your vehicle is registered abroad - i.e. not in France).

On the next page you are told what you need to get your certificate (your registration document) and how much it will cost (€4.80, including postage). You must tick the two boxes that show you accept the Ts & Cs; and that the registration document is up to date and that the copy you will be sending is accurate. Click on "Suivant" (next).

On the next page, click on "Ajouter un véhicule" (add a vehicle) and fill in the boxes that pop up. Note you will need to be able to attach a file in the form of a scan of your registration document; it seems that you need to send the front and next page.

You may need to know that "immatriculation" means registration; "carburant" means fuel; "essence" means petrol; "Pays d'immatriculation" mean country of registration - you need "Royaume-Uni" (United Kingdom); ordinary cars, people-carriers up to 8 passenger seats (not counting the driver) are category M1; the "Numéro de série" is the VIN.

Where it says "Télécharger le justificatif d'immatriculation" this means upload the registration document - i.e. the scan you should have ready. If there are two files (one for each page), click on "Ajouter une pièce jointe" (add an attachment) for the second page.

Click the box next to "I'm not a robot" and do the necessary "I'm not a robot" stuff, then click on "Enregistrer" (save).

It's ages since I did mine and I can't remember what happens next, except that you will be asked for payment and will need a card to do this.

If anyone gets stuck I'll do my best to help out - I got it to work for me anyway, and received the sticker shortly afterwards.

French bureaucracy - don't you just love it? No wonder the scam sites are charging; if they do the form-filling for you, some might think it's worth it.

Edited by FP on 18/02/2018 at 18:37

I know you were trying to be helpful, but the site that you and I linked to is available in french, english, german, spanish, and italian merely by selecting the appropriate language on the flag buttons at the top right of the page.

I'm on Windoze 8.1 + chrome

Note that the french government comes over all multilingual when it wants to extract money out of people.!

Sorry - must have missed that. I did it in French when I got my sticker.

Please ignore my previous post.

C'est bon, passez une bonne journée!

Merci. Très gentil à vous.