Ford Fiesta - Uninsured losses scam? Request for advice - Renault12

Newbie here - any advice greatly appreciated - Thanks!

My daughter recently scraped a parked car (Audi A3) while she herself was parking. This resulted in a small scuff mark on the Audi bumper, which she photographed.

The other party wasn't present, so she left her contact details on the Audi and gave all the relevant details to her insurer. The other party visited her and said that since the car was leased from Audi, he would have to let them handle the insurance claim.

My daughter just received a very aggressively worded letter from a firm of solicitors saying that "We are instructed by our client Mr X to pursue against you a civil claim for compensation damages.." which are elaborated in the letter.

The letter goes on to request various insurance details and concludes by saying that "We must point out that it is an offence to provide insurance details when requested and if we do not hear from you we may be obliged to inform the Police."

I am 65 and neither my wife or myself in all our years of motoring have ever received a solicitor's letter in connection with an insurance matter, let alone a trivial scuff mark.

Questions:

Is this normal practice these days or is it some kind of scam to claim against the uninsured losses part of the policy?

Should we get our own solicitor to respond to the letter?

I would like to pick up the phone and give the solicitor an earful, but this might not be productive...

Thanks again!

Ford Fiesta - Uninsured losses scam? Request for advice - RT

Send the letter on to your daughter's insurer, let them deal with it.

Ford Fiesta - Uninsured losses scam? Request for advice - Cyd

Do not reply. Pass it to your insurers toute de suite.

Ford Fiesta - Uninsured losses scam? Request for advice - scot22

In full agreement with previous two. Do not provide them with anything other than anything legally required. You pay for your insurance to deal with this.

Commendation to your daughter for not driving away as so many seem to do. very sorry this is the result.

Ford Fiesta - Uninsured losses scam? Request for advice - oldroverboy.

This happened to me about 25 years ago. minor accident, accepted that it was my fault, exchanged details and got a very agressive letter from some solicitors,

Phoned my insurers a bit worried and they said DO NOT WORRY, you have done correctly in informing us, so send it to us and do not answer them.