Timing chain snapped on a BMW 320d - have you heard of this before?
Whilst my BMW 3 Series was in the garage they claim that the timing chain has snapped.

Would tampering with the crank shaft potentially caused the timing chain to suddenly snap?

It seems very unlucky that this happened whilst the garage were in possession of my car.

Asked on 9 June 2012 by AbcWarrior

Another reader reported the same thing while his 320d was having its DMF replaced. Since that is an engine out job I suspected that his engine could have been swapped for one with a broken timing chain and advised him to check the engine number against the engine number on his V5C.