VW UK Recall

Hjy 1

GGG SE Copy (1)

Mot Files

Native Subscribe5

Cfs Native

Real Mpg Native

Native Subscribe5

Buying a Subaru Outback
We are thinking of buying a 2008 Subaru Outback diesel as we live in a rural area that has been cut off the last few winters when it snows.

We have a budget of £15000. Should we be aware of any problems with this model? It has done 55,000 miles. Do they have cam belts, and if so, when should they be changed?
Do you think Subarus cost more to maintain than other 4x4s? We are hoping to keep the car for a long time!

Asked on 12 January 2012 by NE

The Subaru 2.0 diesel had a few problems with DPFs and DMFs when it was first introduced. Better with the 6 speed gearbox. Unlike Subaru petrol engines the flat four diesel is chain cam. See: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/subaru/legacy-and-ou.../