Fuel Calc Native

Native Subscribe5

Deals Of The Week

Halifax _NH3

Mot Files

Cfs Native

Real Mpg Native

How much should it cost to change glow plugs on a 2004 1.6 TDCi Ford C-MAX?
My elderly father has been presented with a bill for £800 to change glow plugs on the above car (Halfords Autocentre). Main dealer did diagnotics and said car failing to start was due to wiring issues with the glow plugs. Halfords have had his car for 2 weeks, changed the plugs and still the car will not start! Now are ordering another part for the exhaust(?) at a cost of £100. Is this excessive? Seems so to me.

Asked on 2 July 2011 by rkh15900

This is when trying to get a job done on the cheap simply doesn't work. For a problem, you either go to a franchised dealer, or to a specialist independent. You do not go to a national service chain.