Win Owner Review of the month and £50 Amazon vouchers Full details on how to enter here | No thanks

Fun first cars
I’ve driven my parents cars for 5 years and am now in a position to buy my own. However, given my age and new recent employment I feel I’d like to skip the typical stages of car purchasing (e.g. First car; Corsa, Fiesta, second car; Golf, Polo, maybe even third; Audi A3?!)

I’m looking for something fun, slightly ‘different’ but still suitable for long journeys and ideally under 13k.

I’ve been particularly drawn to sports coupes such as the Alfa Romeo Brera and BMW Z4 coupe, both of which are obtainable in reasonable condition second hand.

I wonder if you could recommend any other similar vehicles, and also, how bad is the steering on the Z4 coupe? Thanks.

Asked on 22 April 2011 by jexped

The steering on the Z4 coupe can be fixed with the right tyres and the right tweaks. Good car to go for with the 3.0 litre engine. Stunning looks. Could soon start appreciating as a modern classic.