What's best for short distances?
So here’s a question of a technical nature.

Need to buy a car, but my current living-employment situation requires that I do several short distances daily. These distances are too far to walk but at the same time so short that most of the time my current car doesn’t get up to full operating temperature, leading to premature wear, increased consumption and so on.

So, what to buy? Is either petrol or diesel better suited for such operating conditions, would an old-school normally aspirated engine be better than a turbo-ed one? I would really appreciate any input.

Asked on 11 February 2011 by theos

An electric vehicle is best for this sort of use.