Is your local garage worth shouting about? We want to hear about it. | No thanks

Sixth sense
After reading your articles for many years and taking your advice for the last 7 years (3 Jazz, 1 Civic and 1 DCI Primera) it is time again.
Potentially a simple question this time. Mazda 2 or another Jazz?
Which is the best, which engine size and model would you recommend?

Asked on 27 March 2010 by S.H., via e-mail

A Mazda 2 1.3TS2 is much more fun to drive, equally as economical as a Jazz 1.4, same VED bracket, relaxed on the motorway, and a lot cheaper. But what do you want? Do you want the space and versatility of the Jazz? Do you want auto (actually automated manual with the Jazz)?