WIN: A mega bundle of Christmas prizes - worth more than £1000! Click here to enter | No thanks

Alice in winderland
My 2001 Mk 4 Golf TDi Estate has electrical problems. The driver’s electric window has failed along with the wing mirror controls and the remote locking of the drivers door. Other controls on the driver’s door armrest are also inoperative. It seems to me that one problem is causing all the faults. Could it be the window motor?

Asked on 27 February 2010 by A.W., Dawlish

The ECU that controls all of this is built into the window motor inside
the driver's door. Once moisture penetrates it you start to get the trouble you are having.