Introducing our new Real MPG iPhone app: Find out more | No thanks

Accessible assessment
Not a question, but a commendation. My wife and I recently had a session on the Hampshire Older Drivers Scheme. An hour and a half (each) with an advanced driving instructor. It cost £30 and we both learned a number of useful points. My only complaints were that, although he passed us both as good drivers, my wife got more 'goods' than I did, and he told me I drove my (much loved) MX-5 like a sports car. Just goes to prove you can't win 'em all. It is an excellent scheme and remarkably good value for money.

Asked on 27 February 2010 by E.P., Southampton

I'm very interested in schemes like this. I particularly like what
Mercedes Benz is doing at www.mbdrivingacademy.com and the IAM also conducts older driver assessments (www.iam.org.uk). The Hants courses can be found via www.hants.gov.uk