10 Things Vitara

How To Drive Native Copy1

California Native

GGG SE Copy (2)

Dash Cam Comp1

GGG SE Copy (1)

Deals Of The Week

Native Subscribe5

Mot Files

Cfs Native

Native Subscribe5

Real Mpg Native

winter tyres
Winter tyres I shall certainly add to a car, which I anticipate buying this weekend. However, is there any benefit in having a separate set of wheels rather than just switching tyres on the rims?

Asked on 16 December 2010 by cloch

The cost of switching the tyres on the rims twice a year, possible damage to the tyres and the rims, and the fact that a separate set of wheels allows you to fit smaller wheels with deeper profile tyres.

Also if you switch to steel wheels for winter (which require different wheel bolts) your expensive alloys don't get damaged by road salt. You have to tell your insurer.