McLaren P1 - Geneva 2013 -A new beginning or End for Super Cars - shawsy911

Dan Agombar asks an interesting question- Are beloved petrol lovers missing out? Is this the end of manual transmission?

Story here

www.carhoots.com/blog/supercars/geneva-2013--a-new...s

With the introduction of the new McLaren and Ferrari both don't manufacture cars with manual 'boxes anymore, and Porsches new 911 GT3 doesn't come in manual form either. It looks like its the end of the supercar and the rise of the gearless hypercar. Sad days!

What do you think?

McLaren P1 - Geneva 2013 -A new beginning or End for Super Cars - thunderbird

What do you think?

I think its irrelevant. I will never be able to own such a car thus why should I worry about some overpaid spoilt brat not being able to drive a manual supercar.

And before someone suggest I am only jealous I most certainly am not. If I came into some money or won the lottery this weekend (most unlikely since I have never bought a ticket) yes I would treat myself but there are plenty of cars out there with great performance at sensible prices. The BMW M3 and Nissan Skyline spring to mind immediately but the Nissan 370Z would do nicely thanks.

McLaren P1 - Geneva 2013 -A new beginning or End for Super Cars - unthrottled

Happily the C7 Corvette is still comes with row-your-own as standard. Even more happily, the majority of Corvette buyers opt for the manual. (its a lot cheaper than most supercars, so you won't look like a hedge fund manager if you buy one either). The OHV V8 is still doling out large slices of humble pie to the quad-cam carbuncles to boot.

Being taught a lesson in driving from the Americans-that is sad!