Nissan Juke - Happy Pink has a new car! - Happy Blue!

They say the best way to test drive a car is to rent one. So three years ago I was given an S-Max rental and three years later I am still driving the one I bought as soon as I got home.

Christmas saw us in a Nissan Juke. Very happy with the car, had a good crawl over and SWMBO announced that it was a suitable candidate to replace the five year old A-Class. Came home and agreed a deal on a Juke Tekna CVT. Took delivery today. 36 month lease at £200pcm (3 + 35) for 8,000 miles pa.

The dealership were happy to complete with online lease brokers and the customer service experience was pretty fair with little evidence of the white towelling sock brigade of salesmen who sell a product without knowing anything about it. Was offered a reasonable test drive, allowed to put our little dog in the back to see if he liked it and the handover process today was only marred by someone blocking my car in and delaying my departure!

Has the latest version of the infotainment pack with larger screen and other features. Bluetooth connection very easy and has good sound quality. So far we are Happy!

Nissan Juke - Happy Pink has a new car! - tony g
Hi hb,
Congratulations on the new car ,just curious about why you decided to lease the car .
£7600 looks to be the amount you will pay for three years motoring .Did you consider buying outright and how did the figures compare .
Nissan Juke - Happy Pink has a new car! - Avant

Leasing used not to be worthwhile for private motorists - I was never quite sure why not, and yours seems to be a good deal. No good for someone who wants to keep a car long-term but if you are likely to change every 3 years or so it seems to make sense. Whether you are the legal owner of the car you drive is a it academic. As in business, the commercial substance is more relevant than the legal form.

The Juke is proving popular, perhaps doing the job that the old Mercedes A-class did and the new one - just an overpriced Golf-sized hatch - doesn't. Nissan, after years of having no particular USP, seems to have carefully positioned the Qashqai, Note and Juke in gaps in the market: with the Juke a similar size to the Note, the new Note is smaller and competes with Fiesta-size superminis. I haven't seen one but it may still be higher off the ground and could sell well to older people.

Let's hope Happy Pink enjoys the Juke.

Edited by Avant on 09/03/2013 at 18:50

We have barely driven it, but we are all Happy apart from son #2 who doesn't like the colour - tough!

Leasing was a good deal, especially through my business. In three years we are likely to need a manual car for son #1 to learn to drive, so its a good option and the value of the A-class pays for two years of the lease anyway. We could have bought, but I didn't fancy shelling out £14,000 plus p/x just now and there were not too many cars withthe sepc we wanted in the nearly new lists.

As Avant says, the new A-Class has no USP whereas Nissan seem to be finding them and building desirable cars customers want. There always seems to be a manufacturer with the zeitgeist at any one time and it seems to be Nissan's turn after 40+ years in the country.

Well one week in and ownership is fine. The A-class is history but we remember it fondly as spacious small car with a large fuel tank. By contrast the Juke is less efficient in terms of space but is much nicer to drive.

I just can't get over that Mercedes replaced the A-class with a Euro clone. We would have bought a new version but the Juke is much more to our taste now.

Nissan Juke - Happy Pink has a new car! - daveyK_UK

I do not intend on breaking the Juke love in, but the curent Note is more spacious inside.

Alot more spacious inside.

Nissan Juke - Happy Pink has a new car! - Andrew-T

I don't doubt the Juke is nice to drive, comfortable etc. But from outside it just looks weird. I presume the name is a Puke/Joke hybrid.

You can all it what you want. We like it!

Its not perfect, and it does set its stall out as more style over substance, but it seems to be getting the punters in.

My gripes so far are: -

Light steering

Small fuel tank

Not so easy access to the back seats.

But the issue of rear visibility is taken car of by a camera, we mostly drive one or two up and people in the rear tend to be children and as we don't go so far, a small tank is a major problem. So far with 230 miles in the clock and all urban driving we have acheived 27.5mpg. I will see what happens over the next 5,000 miles. I hope it improves to 30+!