Fiat Panda Lounge - 2012 - How to Open Boot without remote control? - PM-StAlbans

How do you open the book of the Panda when using the key without the remote control?

When the car is unlocked, i.e. all four doors can be opened, the boot is still locked.

One has to use the boot release button on the remote control key.

When we bought car in 2012 we got two keys and only one of them has remote control.

As second driver with the second key I cannot see how to open the boot - and what happens if the remote control stops working?

Am I missing something, or is this a fault, or is it designed this way?

Fiat Panda Lounge - 2012 - How to Open Boot without remote control? - AndyT

There is something of an epidemic regarding Panda boot switches. Possibly spraying in around the switch with WD40 etc, will release the mechanism. Is this the new model Panda? Though I believe both new and old suffer.

Have a look on the Fiatforum.

Fiat Panda Lounge - 2012 - How to Open Boot without remote control? - PM-StAlbans

Thanks for your comments. Yes, it is a new Panda, bought near end of 2012.

The book opens fine when - and only when - the boot release button on the remote control is pressed. But of the two ignition keys that came with the car, only one has a remote control.

Without the remote control I cannot see how to open the boot.

Fiat Panda Lounge - 2012 - How to Open Boot without remote control? - AndyT

Ah,so you just can't find the actual exterior button. I don't have a Panda, but assume like a lot of cars, there'll be a rubber covered micro-switch in the number plate light assembly. Just feel underneath in the middle of the trim above the number plate, with your finger tips. Either that, or the round Fiat badge tilts if pushed at the top, though I suspect the former. Doesn't the manual tell you?

Fiat Panda Lounge - 2012 - How to Open Boot without remote control? - geordielad

The girlfriends Punto has no exterior boot release, it's either the keyfob or there's a button in the middle of the dash. Could your Panda have a button as well? (Not as obviously placed).

Jonathan.

Fiat Panda Lounge - 2012 - How to Open Boot without remote control? - skidpan

You have a new Panda that you bought late in 2102.

One word, WARRANTY.

Even Fiats have one and the dealer has to sort the fault.

Fiat Panda Lounge - 2012 - How to Open Boot without remote control? - Another John H

Assuming you're talking about the Mk3 (newest) Panda, have a read of this lot:

www.fiatforum.com/panda-iii/311609-boot-mechanism....l

I think the essence of it is that the boot should unlock with the doors (either remote key).

Many don't.

The Mk3 Panda is made in Italy.