VW Passat 2003 TDi saloon - Problem with Heater - xaghra

I have very little heat coming from the heater. The radiator and thermostat and motor new. (there was a fault code for the motor,but when motor changed no fault code now.) there is no other fault code. The water pump is working and pressure to radiator and coolant system is fine.I have carried out bleeding and there does not appear to be any blockage. There does not appear to a blockage through the cooling system including the core. and hoses. I do have some heat when control is on recirculating (engine heat. but no flow through the heater coil.

VW have not been able to solve this problem.However there must be someone who has a similar peoblem.I only wish I could find that someone. Any help would be greatly appreciated

VW Passat 2003 TDi saloon - Problem with Heater - Peter.N.

I am not familier with this particular car but do you mean there is no water flowing through the heater matrix, is one pipe hot and the other cold? I assume the fan is working and you can hear/feel the effect. Have you tried bleeding the heater from the pipes, i.e. removing one and filling the header tank until water runs out of both ends? Is the temperature controlled by a water valve or servo motor operating an air flap?

VW Passat 2003 TDi saloon - Problem with Heater - Peter D

Assuming you have got water flow in and out of the heater matrix Then you may have a failed Flap motor. i.e something has snapped so it does not show up as an error. Eactly which A/C unit do you have. Digital, rotary controls or what. Regards Peter

Server motor to operate flaps-renewed and working-coolent presure ok-it is normal for the top hose to be hot and bottom one cool -system bleed-but still no heat flow

VW Passat 2003 TDi saloon - Problem with Heater - dieselnut

"it is normal for the top hose to be hot and bottom one cool "

If one hose is cold sounds like you have an air lock in the heater.

Where the 2 heater hoses pass through the bulkhead, one has a white line painted around it. Loosen the clip & partially pull off the hose until you see a small hole in the metal pipe. Raise the coolant resovoir higher than this hole with the cap removed until coolant free of bubbles flows out. Push the pipe fully back into position & top up the coolant back to maximum.

Thank you for your reply-heater now operterating-Garage preplexed as to why-is just did-However as the say,don't look a gift horse in the mouth