www.offers-autotrader.com - sonna

Hi all,

Received a text this morning (Sunday) regarding my car which I've advertised on Autotrader last week.

The text asks if the car is still for sale and then says some generic spiel about how much they're offering (£200 less than advertised), that they can come view the car and pay cash.

The website in question is www.offers-autotrader.com

I've looked high and low on the internet to see if I can find any reviews/experiences about this lot but found nowt.

What do you think. Legit or not?

Cheers,

Sonna

www.offers-autotrader.com - Abbo 931
Hi Sonna, got the exact same message for my car this morning too.

Did a bit of research with scamadviser.com, and it's quite obvious that offers-autotrader.com is going to be a scam. It's a brand new website (only went live yesterday) and is based in the Netherlands. The actual location is hidden as is the website owner's details.

Don't take the risk mate, I'm not!

Abbo.

Gah thought it was too good to be true.

Thanks for doing the research Abbo. Didn't think of doing that myself.

GL with your car sale.

Cheers,

Sonna

www.offers-autotrader.com - NagromK

Having got a similar text myself I was doing a search on this company I found this forum and thought I'd join and contribute.

Unable to find many details about it I put in some fake details on their offer page with a carpark as the address and they ask YOU to pay them £50 to come view your car.

Obvious scam method, why on earth would you pay anyone to view your car?

www.offers-autotrader.com - Digitem

I had the same text and the same thoughts about this offer. if you go on www.offers-autotrader.com and look at their Terms and Privacy page you will see the following :

"9.a Our Feeswww.offers-autotrader.com does NOT charge any fees for our service.We may request a fully refundable appointment deposit. The deposit will be returned to you at the appointment - even if you do not decide to sell your car to us."

Also if you check Autotrader's fraudulent buying section you will see their advice:

"Fraudulent Car Buying Companies.Sellers will receive a text message from a company offering to buy your vehicle for a reasonable price. Sellers are then invited to go online and enter their vehicle details.You will then receive an email with your valuation asking you follow a link to a website. You will be asked to fill in your details so the company can collect the vehicle. You will be advised that a “refundable” deposit will have to be paid via a Pay Point to complete the sale.You are told that you will receive the refund on collection of your vehicle. The reality is no one will collect your car and you will not get your money back."

Agreed, why would you pay them? Absolutely a scam!

www.offers-autotrader.com - Alan Sam
Hi,
Me too received the same text in the morning offering to buy my car. I think it is a scam. They are asking for 80 pounds to view my car, it is a scam.
Alan
www.offers-autotrader.com - NIK_tor_INCIK

This morning at 10.00 a.m. I resived same message from 07455377904 with ID number. They want me to pay deposit 70 quid ( Leicester) Absolutly looks like web for one day earn.

www.offers-autotrader.com - madf

Why are we discussing this.

Unsolicited emails = junk. Period.

www.offers-autotrader.com - Avant

Yes, but scammers operate because there are people around who fall for it.

It's very helpful of people to come on here and let us know about a new scam. Thank you all very much.

Autotrader have been back in touch to confirm that it is a scam.

Sorry madf for bringing it to attention...

www.offers-autotrader.com - JRock

Received a text this morning. Same deal as you guys but from a different website:

www.gb-autotrader.com/

They obviously cycle through loads of different webnames!!

SCAM!!

www.offers-autotrader.com - tsrr101

Latest version is www.product-autotrader.com.

www.offers-autotrader.com - devonwendya

It seems they are now using news-autotrader.com.

If it seems too good to be true, it very often is!