Cash for Pug help please - mark (aberdeen)
I hope to purchase my company car from my employer this week, and would appreciate your views on its cash value. My employer's policy is to sell the cars for readies to a local dealer, consequently the cash offered is usually quite low (and in my interest!)
The car is a June 99 'early facelift' Peugeot 406 estate, 1.8L (base model) petrol, aircon, abs, fsh, 70K miles, not had a cambelt change, been used for towing caravan since new, original clutch OK but bearing squeals occasionally, interior and exterior pretty good.
All figures appreciated; thanks in anticipation. (advice 'don't buy it!' understandable)
Mark
Cash for Pug help please - DavidHM
See if you can get away with £2800 and, if you really, really want the car, go up to about £3500. It would probably retail at £4000-£5000, depending on how generous the dealer is.

If you do get it, change the cambelt immediately. If changing the clutch is an engine out job, it might be worth doing that at the same time as the belt, as a couple of hours' worth of labour for the belt will go down to 10 minutes.
Cash for Pug help please - mark (aberdeen)
thanks David; I had a similar top figure of £3500 after mileage deduction. I can't see cash being offered by local dealers anywhere approaching this figure, so hopefully I can work downwards. Good point ref the clutch work; not sure of the extent of this job.
Mark