vw polo 1.4 1998 - oil change and filter replacement - awe

please could you tell me where the sump nut and oil filter are located and anything to be careful of when changing the oil and the filter

vw polo 1.4 1998 - oil change and filter replacement - focussed

Not trying to sound superior or anything but really, if you need to ask this sort of question do you honestly think you should be doing the job yourself?

vw polo 1.4 1998 - oil change and filter replacement - mss1tw

My thoughts exactly too, don't worry.

At least look on YouTube or something, there's a lot of how to car guides on there.

vw polo 1.4 1998 - oil change and filter replacement - awe

Not trying to sound superior or anything but really, if you need to ask this sort of question do you honestly think you should be doing the job yourself?

appreciate your concern but have done it on anumber of cars before but not a polo and was just after a little extra guidance so if you could give me an answer I would be grateful

vw polo 1.4 1998 - oil change and filter replacement - Chris M

A 1998 1.4 Polo is hardly high tech. If you have changed the oil and filter on other cars, a quick peep under the car will quickly reveal the location of the drain plug (lowest point on the sump) and filter (round thing about 10cm dia.). Suggest you source a Haynes manual if you want to learn more.